Ten

On the day of Christmas, Rachel danced around her empty apartment, throwing together dishes of food, hoping Calum would be able to make it over to eat with her. Otherwise, all of the food would go to a homeless shelter. She sang jingle bells at the top of her lungs as she pulled out a lasagna. It wasn't her first time making one, luckily, so it came out decently. When she was done setting up for dinner, she changed into something more festive and crossed the hall. She left two swift knocks on the door, hoping nit to make a fool of herself.

Calum held his dogs to him, dancing around the house singing them Christmas carols while they howled along. He fell onto the couch and laughed. He was feeling utterly at ease with things since he hadn't had a visitor all day. However, his face went pure white when there was a knock. He got up, holding a squirming Benji in his arms. He opened the door a crack to see Rachel. She smiled up at him lightly

"Hey, Calum. I was just wondering if you had any plans." She said. Calum panicked. He'd completely forgotten that he was supposed to find an excuse not to go to her house.

"I-I no. N-no I don't have plans" he stuttered nervously. Rachel smiled wider

"Oh that's great! I made a lasagna and some deserts! I was thinking you could join me" she stated excitedly. Calum fidgeted.

"Oh i-i don't want to intrude o-on you and your um, your family."

"Oh its just me. My family is hours away that's why I couldn't make it to see them" she replied quickly. Calum took deep breaths. Maybe if he got out as soon as he was done eating he'd be okay. He never liked leaving his dogs alone.

"C-could I bring Benji and Dizzy?" He asked timidly, motioning to the dog in his arms. Rachel reached out and scratched Benji's ear

"I wouldn't mind that."