Six

Rachel returned to her apartment with a sigh. She knew it wasn't really a big deal, but she couldn't help feeling utterly embarrassed by what she'd done. She didn't even know him, yet she walked right into his home. She was such a creep. She decided a nap would be the best way to get her mind off things. It took a long time of tossing and turning for her to finally get comfortable, but when she did, she slept like a rock. It was a deep dreamless sleep, and for that she was greatful for.

Calum sat at his trusty laptop and sighed. What would he even look up for that sort of ordeal? Why am I afraid to talk to the hot girl next door? Calum mentally face palmed himself. It was bullshit. He should be able to get up, March out that door, knock on hers and have an in depth conversation about anything and everything. That was what he should have done, but he didn.t. instead he logged onto Tumblr and scrolled through his dash for over two hours.

When that was complete, he got up and let his dogs into the small fenced in yard behind his apartment.

"How you two go out there and face the day is beyond me" he said to himself, shutting the door quickly. He rather hated having to let them out into that terrifying world, but dogs were very well litter trained. He went to let them in a few minutes later, but only Benji came inside. He looked out to see Dizzy still playing outside.

"Diz! Come inside, girl!" He called. The small dog hopped around the yard but didn't return inside. Calum began to panic. She always came when called. He couldn't go outside to get her. There was no way he could go out and get  her, but she'd surely be too cold out there. Calum paced and raked his hands through his hair "no no no! Dizzy come inside!" He called desperately. That's when there was a knock at the door.