11

Noah's POV (I try while editing I swear ❤️)
______________

He placed his hand on mine. I blushed slightly and we ended up talking for the rest of the period.

"Come on. Let's go meet up with Nyx" Paxton said as he threw his backpack over his shoulder and I did the same but this time he held out his hand for me which I happily took it.

"Hey Pax" onyx said as we walked down the hall

"Hey Noah" he said surprised and I look at Paxton asking what I should do.

"It's fine" he says quietly while we continue to walk towards the locker room but now with my brother.

They both then got changed while I waited.

"No. I will end him" I heard yelling while people were looking. I see by the exit into the gym Matt being held back by his friends

"No. Matt it was ok if we were just messing around but actually hurting him for no reason isn't ok" one of his friends say and that her Pax's attention.

"We got a problem here Hughs" Pax said stepping in front of me in a protective way while he also blocked my vision of Matt with this flawless tanned skin.

I was also just able to peak over his shoulder with our height difference.

"This doesn't concern you" he spat right back

"The hell it does. Get out of here." Paxton threatened Matt and he left

Paxton turned around and put his hands on my shoulders

"You alright" he asked and I nod

"I don't want you to be by yourself after school ok. I'm worried he'll try something when people aren't around" pax said while rubbing his thumbs over where my shoulders and neck meet.

"Ok" I sigh and he removed his hands from my shoulders and intertwined his hand with one with mine.

"Come on" he said tugging me along while I was still slightly dazed from a few seconds ago

We walked into the pool room and he sat me down in the first row.

"Are you alright" he asked and I gulped but nodded

"What are your plans after this" Paxton asked

"I uh. I was going to go home and shower." I don't know why I'm so nervous around him.

"Hey. Relax it's just me. There's no need to be so nervous " Pax said repeating our position from before and putting his hands on my shoulders while rubbing his thumbs where my neck meets my shoulders

"The last day for tryouts will start soon. I have to go and warm up." He said placing his lips on mine briefly  but pulling away all too soon resulting in me wanting more.

Before now it was just us in the pool room but people started filing in and Onyx soon approached me.

"You ok" and I frowned

"What" he asked

"Why does everyone keep asking me that. I'm fine" I say very annoyed

"Sorry . Well I have to go warm up before coach comes yelling that most of us are slacking off before we even make the team." Onyx said getting up and joined with Paxton and many of the other guys in stretching and laps around the pool as people started trickling in.

"Alright everyone listen up." Coach Vernon announced

And everyone did

"Like I said Paxton Ortiz will be your coach for this year. So I have already have my picks but you can all still have today as the last opportunity to impress me today but the person you should be trying to impress today is Paxton. He will be helping make the decision on who stays and who goes this year. So you are to listen to him completely today. I will be observing" Pax looked at me and I offered him a smile but while I saw his same stoic face his eyes light up ever so slightly.

"Alright everyone stretch out a bit more and then we'll be going through races and categories in an actual competition and who wants to be where. From there and which position you want well assess you and the others who want the same spot as you do together by actually doing it" Pax booms
___________

"Hey" Paxton said as he walked up to me toweling off.

"Hi" I smiled

"I think you looked really good today" I say sliding my hand up his arm just to get him all worked up.

He frowned and softly stopped my hand by grabbing it with his own

"I know what you're doing" he said huskily.

"And it worked. I'm going to go see how Onyx is. I'll see you in a bit" I said and kissed his cheek quickly before leaving

"Noah that wasn't funny" he grumbled behind me as I walked away and towards Onyx

"What did you do to him" Nyx asks as he gestures behind me at Pax.

"Nothing" I say smiling a bit.

"So are you coming with us in a bit or want me to drop you off home"

"I'll come. It seems like fun" Onyx smiled and nodded

"Come on let's go get changed"Onyx said to pasting while I just followed behind.