6

Noah's POV (possible TW there is homophobia in the chapter.)
_____________

"Ruby" she ignores me and continues to pack her cheer bag.

"Ruby." I say a bit louder and she looks at me.

"Are you just going to ignore this." I ask and she frowns.

"No. I'm not ignoring this. I'm not going to let this affect my cheer. My relationships or my life. He's the prick. He always went out partying while I stayed in. Now he's going to pay and I'll get the satisfaction when I see him suffer" she said with malice in her voice and continued to do as she pleased.

Once she was all done packing everything the two of us headed out to the car while Onyx was already in and waiting with the car running.

The three of us walk into the school and Ruby and Nyx meet up with everyone. And I just stay in the back. I feel awkward since I don't know them all that well yet.

"He did what" Paxton all but growled out.

"I'll make his life hell. We all will. I'm sorry." He said and hugged her. I smile slightly but it vanishes once I see Matt.

"Ruby we need to talk" he said pleadingly

"No. You can go fuck all the way off. Oh wait you did with some other girl" she seethes.

"Let's go" he said dropping the nice guy act and yanked her arm roughly. I drop my stuff and yank him off while pinning him into the lockers behind us.

"Don't you ever touch my sister you prick" I tell him quietly but angrily

"Get off me queer. I don't want to catch your disease. No wonder your mom kicked you out. Watch your back" he says maliciously and pushed me off of him.

I then feel a hand being placed on my shoulder.

"Are you alright" I hear Paxton's smooth and deep voice.

"Yeah. I just hope Ruby is though" I didn't realize at the time on how close we actual were until the bell rang and we all went to our respective classes.

Time came and went and classes were boring like usual and I just had to endure the boring droning of teachers.

But lunch finally came.

I sat with Ruby and Onyx at their table and ate quietly but alas lunch went by just as quickly as the other periods went and school soon came to an end.

"Hey. Are you coming to the pool again after your tryouts" Onyx asked and I nodded

"We're going to go get changed" Onyx said as Paxton nodded

I go and walk over to the bathrooms and into a stall to get changed into different shorts. I'm fine changing my shirt but not my shorts.

I start to head back to my locker when three guys walk in front of me. The one at the head of the group is Matt.

"Why are you in the boys locker room. Perv" I roll my eyes.

He then shoved me roughly against the wall.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." He yelled drawing attention from the few people left and I looked at anyone but him afraid of what's going to happen next. Especially because he has two of his friends with him.

I locked eyes with Paxton

"Get the fuck off of him" Paxton's deep voice boomed through the locker room and Matt looked like he was going to shit himself.

"Paxton" he said nervously as he walked over.

"Matt. Get the fuck off of him now." He demanded but Matt had other plans.

"No. He shouldn't be here. Just because you're captain does not mean you can control me." Matt hissed

Paxton got an evil and sadistic glint in his eye

"Oh really because I know coach Vernon and everything that is going on right now could end up with you being cut. You know coach doesn't tolerate anything you're doing and will with no hesitation find your replacement. We won't miss you." Matt gulped and let me me go giving me a glare right before he walked away.

"Are you alright" Paxton asked with a calm expression but I saw concern for a brief second.

I nod.

"If anything happens. Tell me and I'll get him either cut from swim or suspended. He needs to pay for all the crap he's done over the years"

After this I headed out to the track and coach made me do three extra laps considering I was late.

Track tryouts though seemed to go well and I went straight to the pool.

When I walk in I lock eyes with an angry Matt and he glares.

I roll my eyes and flip him off while sitting down.

"Alright today Paxton will be leading drills and deciding what we do today for the rest of tryouts." The coach yelled and Paxton smirked

"Alright everyone listen up" he boomed "I want everyone to do ten laps around the pool and then wait by the stands once you're done. Also do not and I do not want to repeat myself. Towel off so we don't leave a lot of water for the custodians to clean up."

Once everyone has all of the laps completed Paxton looks up at me and then smirks.

"We will be doing speed drills" Matt rolls his eyes and sighs loud enough for Paxton to hear.

"Hughs" he yells and Matt steps towards Paxton

"You will be the first one to go and considering you've made swim two years prior this should be no problem for you" he says with malice

"Fine" he says angrily

He ended up with the slowest time.