Chap. 15

Hyejin's POV
I'm here in the kitchen washing the dishes it's 9 PM so I'm assuming that she is asleep right now. I still have to do some cleaning at these hours since I have work the next day. I've been having sleepless nights since we are coping with a huge project.

I take a look at the room Wheein was in after washing the dishes. She's asleep while hugging the lion stuff toy. I walk towards her and move some hair away from her face.

"Goodnight," I whisper and kiss her cheeks.

I immediately walk away before giving a kiss on her cheeks, I know she will not be awake from a small kiss like that. I then enter the art room since I've been sleeping here for a month cause I know she's getting worried about me sleeping on the couch. So I decided to clean this room and sleep here for a while.

I spread the thick blanket on the floor since it's the only thing I have and 2 pillows. The room smells like paint on the first day I slept here but I spray some disinfectant so the smell went away.

I close the door and turn the light off. I lay my back on the blanket and hug one of the pillows while the other one is on my head. I just stare at the wall because I can't sleep, my back kinda hurts on this floor even though the blanket is soft.

I just take my phone and scroll on some apps. I saw an update posted by our company with the models and some products we model. To be honest, Lisa's photography increases than her internship time.

After a few minutes, I just realize that I'm on the gallery looking at her and our pictures together. I can tell that we're lucky to have each other's back since we're in our high school days.

I suddenly heard a knock and my cheeks were wet so I wipe my tears quickly before standing up. I open the door and saw Wheein standing in front of me with head low while fidgeting her fingers.

"H-Hi," she stutters and looks at me with shyness.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" I ask and look at the wall clock and it's midnight already.

"I don't know," she scratches her nape.

I know this one really well, she's like this if she wants company in her sleep or when she's uncomfortable with the atmosphere in her room. It can be also that she wants a little chit-chat until she falls asleep and some cuddles.

"You want company until you fall asleep?" I ask with a smile and she smiles at me.

"I-If you please," she smiles bigger.

She then grabs me by the hand so I close the door of the art room and follow her. We're finally in our support to be our shared bedroom. She hops on the bed and fixes the pillows before tapping the space next to her signaling me to sit there with her so I did.

"Y-You can sleep here for tonight," she then scratches her nape so I lay my back on the bed and close my eyes.

The bed is soft and comfy while my nose is smelling the natural scent of the room. The room is filled with sweet like roses smell and Wheein's natural scent is overflowing the whole room.

It makes me feel awkward because the roses smell is one of the smells of the room while the other is support to be mine and her natural scent. But it's missing mine and it makes me kinda feel left out of this memorable place for both of us.

I suddenly feel that she kiss my cheek making my eyes open because of shock as well. I look at the side and she's there with a big smile and red cheeks.

"Y-You kissed me earlier and I know you think that I'm asleep that time," she looks at the ceiling while sitting on the bed and hug the other pillow. "I-I just want to return it," she then hides her face on it making me smile at her.

I don't know what to say to her because of her sudden actions towards me. I don't know what is happening to me but I know every time she did this there should be an action or words coming out from me. But there are none, so I just lay here still looking at the ceiling.

"Hyejin?" She calls my name breaking the silence.

"Yes?" I face my whole body to her side and grab one of the pillows to hug it.

"Can I ask you some things?" She said and lay her stomach making me see her side profile.

"Anything," I answered.

"Since when we know each other?"

I got surprised about her question but I must answer it honestly. "We know each other since high school," I calmly said remembering some of our memories way back in high school.

"We must know each other for so long now," she giggles.

"Yeah," I giggle as well.

"So what comes to our mind that we live on the same roof?" She asks and I know I will be lying again.

"Well," I sigh. "We wanted to share one apartment because our work is in the same place, it is also can be why we're just paying our everyday and monthly sharing expenses," I clenched my fist but I know it is also one of the truth I should give her.

"Oh, so the bills will be less?" She looks at me and I smile at her. "Our work is the photo stuff right?" She asks again.

"Yeah," I said. I don't know why I'm always out of words to tell her and I'm also feeling strange.

"Are you happy with living with me? Because you seem comfortable around me but I can also tell that I'm making it awkward to you every time I ask you," she then fidgets her hands and fingers.

I don't know what to say to her, I don't want to lie anymore but I'm also tired because of today's work of mine so I don't want to explain more to her. I don't have many choices but to lie.

"I-I'm still happy living with you," is all I can say.

I'm hurt and some things are not the same Wheein-ah. I know this shouldn't be our relationship should be. But if you really know, I know you will not like it as well as me.

"Really?" She asks with a big smile and she suddenly yawns. "I'm happy to live here with you too," she then closes her eyes and yawns again.

I know she will be asleep at any minute now so I face my whole body to the side, facing the wall. I suddenly fell an arm around my upper waist, I know it's her because she's the only person here with me.

I just let her because I miss her being like this to me. I didn't move even a bit or even attempt to caress her arm around me.

"Goodnight, Hyejin, I love you," she suddenly whispers to me but I didn't answer at all.

Questions start to run all over my head because of what she just said. Does she know already? Did someone tell her? Is she doing an investigation of the things around the house when I'm not around? Am I being too suspicious?

But all matters right now is that I want to answer her but the pain is blocking it.

Goodnight, babe, I love you more.