Chap. 12

Hyejin's POV
She fell asleep now so I have to go change my clothes since my drawer is inside the room she's sleeping on, which is supposed to be our shared room. I really want to be next to her but I don't want to explain a lot to her because I'm so tired right now.

I enter the room and walk straight to the drawer where my clothes were and went to the bathroom. I change into my PJs and head out of the bathroom making me see her cute face while she's asleep.

"Cute," I giggle to myself and walk out.

I grab my laptop and sit on the floor while it's on the table in the living room. I started to work even though I know I should be sleeping now. But I don't want to have puffy eyes tomorrow because I still have a photo shoot.

The living room is also next to the room so I can see that she's deep asleep in her wonderland right now. The door is open since it's like our night routine ever since.

I look at the time and it's 10 PM and I still have a few pictures to edit. "A half-cup of soju will help," I said to myself and walk to the kitchen.

I grab a bottle of soju from one of the cabinets, pour it on a small glass, and take a shot. I pour once again and put the bottle of soju back. "The last one," I sniff and drink it as fast as I can.

After I drink some water, I walk back to the living room and do what I'm doing. I can't forget what she dais to me earlier this night.

Earlier this night
I sit properly in front of her and look at the paper. "Let's say that the tape represents a person too," I smile and she wipes her tears. "The only person they are living for," I smile.

"I-Is it another person they truly love or more like a family, friend, or their child?" She asks and I wipe her tears using my thumb.

"It can be," I said and hug her.

"Did it happened to you?" She asks and hugs me back.

"Not yet," I said and pulled away.

"Oh," she sniffs and I smile at her.

"Don't cry it's just an explanation okay?" I stand up and assist her to stand as well.
End of the flashback

I admit that it happened to me before too, and it feels so good when it comes to me at the end of the day.

Flashback
I'm in high school now, and I'm not sure why I don't have many friends. There are some who talk to me but it is just about school or if they want to ask me about random things.

Of course, I gave it my all in my daily activities. I behaved in the same way as any other student. I have no one to talk to so I have to focus on my studies.

"Hey, Ahn!" I look who calls me and it's them like always.

"Can you leave me alone here? I just want to take a nice meal," I pleaded with them but they just laugh at me.

"That's what we hate you know," they smirk. "You, who is taking a nice day," they laugh out loud.

I'm used to this, ever since I'm in elementary, there are some students who did this kind of scene to me. But I let them be since they never change, I guess I become numb when it's about like this.

"What do you want to me right now?" I said and put my food down.

"Like we always did, isn't that obvious?" They agreed about it.

"Look," I sigh. "I don't have enough money with-" they didn't let me finish my sentence when a big guy holds my collar.

"Then it should be for us," he smirks and holds my collar more.

"I already told you," I pleaded but I got spitted on my cheek instead.

"Take that!" He said and push me making me fall on the floor. "Your eating while having that big belly of your," he pointed at me with disgust on his face.

I can't do anything about this, they are much bigger and even richer than me. I don't want to get kicked out because of this shit. I just wipe the spit on my cheek using tissue and stand up.

"Hey!" I heard about and a footstep is coming towards us making them look at the person.

"Oh, look it's 'Ms. Jung Big Time', how lucky," he said and they laugh sarcastically.

"Oh, look it's 'Kwan Asshole', how unlucky," she said and laugh sarcastically making him pissed.

"What did you just call me?!" He shouts making a lot of students flinched.

I stand up and look around the cafeteria, where a large number of students are watching and gossiping about it. I don't give a damn about it; that's what everybody does when anything like this happens.

"Mr. Kwan Asshole?" She repeats herself.

"You have the guts to say it again?!" He clenches her fist.

"Uhm, yeah?" She chuckles.

"You!" He's about to punch her but she got kicked on the crotch first before he even knew it. "UGH!" He groans as he holds on to his crotch.

"Now go!" She shouts and crosses her arms making them run away.

"We're not done, Jung!" He said and run like the others.

"I didn't say we're done yet!" She shouts back and walks towards me. "Don't also forget that this is the last warning from the student council, Mr. Kwan!" She added. 

This is Jung Wheein, the school council president who is every student scared of. I'm not scared of her, I didn't do anything bad inside the school so why would I?

"You okay?" She asks and I just nod at her.

"Y-Yeah," I said shyly. "T-Thank you," I bowed at her making her shook.

"It's nothing," she laughs shyly. "Don't let does bastard abuse you," she holds my shoulder making me face her. "Anyways, let's have lunch together," she smiles at me making her dimple show.
End of flashback

I want to end up my life at those times if I'm being honest, but she hangs around with me since that day. She even bothers me while she's bored, she says it so I know. However, I don't mind it at all because, since that day, a door of light opens in front of my face.

But now, it feels like the door closes in front of my face, making me hug myself in the darkness. All the happy memories were gone.