CHAPTER 3. "Rest day at the beach."

I stretched my arms and legs as I woke up in my childhood bed, preparing my body for the busy day. I went to my bathroom to do my morning routine after slipping my feet into some fuzzy slippers. I put on a robe after a cold shower and pass some time by watching television.

Since I will be leaving later for my first day of work tomorrow, I decided that we should have a family day. Maybe play golf, but I'm not a fan of that. Perhaps bowling? We'll see what happens later.

I'm currently watching Friends when my mind wanders to last night's events. When mom questioned me about the girl who helped me during my hardest times, I remembered every detail of it. After that, I couldn't get the image of Scar out of my head until now.

*flashback from last night*

"Who was the mystery girl that helped you?" My mom asked out of the blue.

I froze. Shit, I didn't prepare for this

For a moment I wasn't able to answer her. Shit. I should've given this more thought before speaking up. Should I tell her or nah? My heart is pounding faster than it should, and I've started breathing heavily. Okay, take a deep breath, inhale, and exhale. Now, think.

God, I can't think of an alibi it has been a minute, right? I don't fucking know.

"No."

Wrong answer, dumbass.

"What?"

"Uhm, I said... Uhm, no, it's a secret. Yeah, a secret." I saw dad moved his head to look at me.

"You can tell me. Maybe I can hook you up on a date with her." He said smirking.

"Wha- Dad! You are not helping. Although, a date with her would be lovely. But still, I ain't telling you guys. Khai already knows who she is and I'm not sorry for you guys not knowing who she is."

They all look at me with a fake mad face. I lifted both hands in the air in a surrender gesture. I laughed at their desperation.

What if I told my dad who the mystery girl was, he'd probably pull some strings to get me a date with Scar; after all, he's an actor, and she's an actress, so it'd be a simple job for him. And, a date really sounds good but I don't even know if Scarlett is into girls or if she's currently dating someone, as long as they don't know she's an actress.

But, I'll just keep her a secret for the time being to avoid second-hand embarrassment from my family. You never know what will happen if they knew.

*end of flashback*

As I came back to reality I took my phone from my nightstand and checked to see if I have any calls or texts from Khai. None. I tried calling her but still no answer, I'll leave her a voicemail then.

"Hey, bubs. I'm missing you. You haven't called me in a long time. I'm getting worried 'cause it's strange not hearing your voice for a day, but I figured you might be busy, so I waited a little longer, but you haven't texted or called me back since that day I told you the news from my job. Even if you're busy, remember that we promised each other to keep us updated about our lives, right? So, if you have any free time in between your acting commitments, call or text me, okay? I'm hoping to hear back from you soon. Keep safe, I love youuuuuu." I said through the phone.