Chapter 12

Adrien
Ladybug's hugs were perfect.  She held me so close, there was hardly a space between us.  It felt so good to be held.  No one had ever tried to comfort me since my mom died.  When it happened, I had cried and screamed all through the house, asking for my dad, and for my dead mother.  No one came.  But now, sitting here in the freezing rain, I felt like someone cared. 
Ladybug held me so tightly with all her might.  I felt safe.  I felt like I was home.  I was tired, this had been a long day.  She must be tired too I guessed.  But I didn't want to leave her grasp.  I made myself as small as possible so I could fit against her.  I breathed her in.  She smelled like Vanilla and chocolate cake.  An odd but delicious scent. 
The rain came to a stop.  I looked up at Ladybug, she was asleep.  Her eyes were closed as she leaned her head against the chimney.  What time is it?  I wondered.  I slowly slipped myself out of her grip.  And stood up.  She fell to the side, and wrapped her arms around herself, shivering.  She might catch a cold.  I carefully picked her up bride style, and started to walk along.  Where will I take her?  I don't know where she lives. 
"M-lady?  Where do you live?" I whispered into her ear. 
"Mmmm...". She slowly opened her eyes and yawned.  "Where are we?" 
"We are going to your house but I need directions."  I said.  She looked at me Grogginess in her eyes.
"Nice try chat.  Put me down."  I put her down.  "I'll see you later Chat Noir."  She said, and gave a little wave.  I waved back and she hopped onto the ground, and ran to the end of the street.  I walked to the edge to see her go.  She stopped at the corner, and looked back up at me.  I blew a kiss at her, and from here I could still see her role her eyes at me.  I laughed and she smiled and disappeared into the darkness of the street. 
Later as I laid on my bed, I replayed the events of my day in my head.  "Plagg? Is it just me, or did it seem like Ladybug might have feelings for me too?"  I asked him.
"I don't know... with girls it's always hard to tell.  But with Camembert, you always make the choices!"  He said foolishly.  I laughed, silly Plagg. 
The next morning I woke up without the alarm clock.  Then I remembered it wouldn't have been set in the first place since it's summer vacation.  I got up and out of bed, and got ready for the day.  When I got downstairs, breakfast was waiting for me at the table. 
"Adrien, I'm glad your up.  I would like to speak to you about something."  My father said, as he was strangely sitting across from me at the table.  He never joins me for meals, what's going on? 
"I have decided that you are now at an age where you can make good choices, and are able to handle yourself at home here."  He said in a strangely calm voice.  "I'm leaving it up to you wether you want to leave with me for the summer or, Stay here on your own."  Wow, big responsibility here.
"Thanks father... um can I stay here for the summer?  I would like to hang out with friends, if that's okay?"  I said.
"Of course it's okay Adrien.  That's why I offered.  But if this is your final decision I have to get going my flight leaves in an hour."  He said. 
"Thank you father... I'll miss you."  I said and got up walked around the table and hugged him.  He patted my shoulder and smiled slightly. 
"Enjoy your summer Adrien." And he got up, grabbed his bag, and went out the door. 
"Wow! Brave dad move right there!  If I do say so myself."  Plagg appeared in my face. 
"It is strange isn't it?" I said confused.  But I did want to stay home for the summer.  I was looking forward to seeing ladybug again.  Plus, being Chat Noir, I probably shouldn't go to far out of reach. 
I left the house and walked to the cafe.  The sun shone brightly, and the heat felt good.  The rain puddles were drying up fast from the suns heat.  As I walked along I remembered all the events of last night.  The thought of Luka made me frown.  I really didn't need him as the icing on the cake.  I pushed it all to the back of my mind, and tried to enjoy the first summer day.