Chapter 1

Marinette
I woke up wide awake to the sound of my alarm clock. And I remembered. "today is the day tikki! I'm finally going to tell Adrien how I feel!" I said to my trusty ladybug kwami. "You can do this Marinette! I believe in you!" She said. "Awe thanks Tikki."
Alya already knows the plan because I told her yesterday, oh I'm so nervous. Maybe I'll take a quick shower to calm my nerves.
At school:
I walked into class 10 minutes early. Adrien was not at school yet so maybe I'll talk to him at lunch. Just as I was trying to imagine what he would say, Alya walked into class and the bell rang. Other students started to pour in as well. Alya gave a cheeky smile and sat down beside me. "So, you ready for today Marrinette?" She said. "You bet!" I replied. Which wasn't exactly true, but I really wanted to be ready.
The morning flew bye with no excitement. Soon it was lunch time. I was sitting with Alya in the cafeteria half ready to drop my plan, Alya kept telling me words of encouragement but I barely herd her. As soon as Adrien finished his lunch My best friend leaned over and whispered, " Nows your chance marinette! Go get him!" I slowly got up from my chair and walked towards Adrien, the guy I've had a crazy crush on for just over a year. Why did I feel like I was moving in slow motion? Before I knew it I was standing right beside him I stopped and looked over at him.
"H-hi A-Adrien!" That came out way louder than need be.
"Hey Marinette! Having a good day I hope?" He said.
"I-oh y-yes, a v-very good day. T-Thank you." Why did I have to stutter so much around him? I was making a complete fool of myself. Then he gave me one of his most charming smiles that always made my knees weak. "Actually Adrien... I was hoping that I could talk to you... um ... alone." There I said it!
"Sure we can go to the library if you want, I was already on my way there." He said with another knee buckling smile.
"S-Sure! That would be g-great!" And we walked to the library in silence. I barely noticed when he stole a quick glance my way. Once we were in the quiet of the library I let out the breath I didn't realize I'd been holding.
"So, what is it you wanted to talk about?" He said, trying to start the conversation.
"Well, er-uh... I mean... umm... actually umm...". I was suddenly at a horrible loss of words.
"Haha, it's ok Marinette. It's just me." He said a shot me a warm smile. He went to grab a few books from the shelf and sat down at one of the study tables, then motioned for me to sit down too. I sat with a quick thud. "Adrien..." I began.
"Yes Marinette?" He said.
"Umm, do you remember when we first became friends? At the beginning of the school year, and it rained so much... and you gave me that umbrella?" Wow. I actually said all that without my awful stutter.
"Yes I remember that day very well, why do you ask?" He said.
"Well... umm I still have that umbrella."
"Ok... umm... wait what are you trying to say?" He asked.
"Oh Adrien... ever since that day well umm I actually really like you... umm... a l-lot." Yes! I finally got it out!
Suddenly his face changed. I couldn't begin to guess what he might be thinking. "Oh Marinette..." he began. "I like you too your really smart funny kind and wonderful... but I don't think we could be anything more than... friends." He said all this with a sad hollow look on his face. What have I done? Of course he wouldn't return my feelings! He had no idea until just now!
"Oh y-yes I unders-stand of course we can still just be f-friends..."
"Of course...". He said with a weak smile.
"Umm... I'm uh... really sorry to bother you but I should go now I w-will s-see y-you l-later." I said as my voice began to crack. And with that I ran out of the library while big hot tears began to pour down my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: kind typical I know... it gets better?
Happy reading!