Dinner Time - ShigaDabi

Start from the beginning

    Shigaraki looks at his caregiver again with his head tilted again. "You know how to cook? Since when?"

     Dabi shakes his head as he turns to look at his little one. "I used to cook a lot when I was younger back home. Now are you going to stay here and behave or do you need to go back to the living room until I'm finished?"

    "I wanna help." The blue haired boy says as he walks towards the oven. He prepares to lean against the piece before being caught by Dabi.

   "You can't touch it, that's hot okay?" The caregiver says, making Shigaraki confused once again.

   "This heats up? Since when?" The boy asks in a serious tone. Dabi hits his own face gently letting out a deep sigh.

   "You know what, how about you help me cook tonight's dinner, that way you can see all the cool stuff in the kitchen that we never use." The caregiver says which interests the young boy.

    Shigaraki nods as he stands right next to the black haired male awaiting instructions. "What are we eating?"

     "Let's have some chicken alfredo with a small salad and some garlic bread. Sounds okay?" Dabi asks to which Shigaraki nods excitedly.

     "Sounds fancy! How do we make it? Do I get to cook the noodles?" The boy says, rushing to grab a regular silver spoon from the drawer.

      Dabi yanks the spoon from the little one and shakes his head. "It's too dangerous for a little one like yourself. Let me do the hot stuff and you can help make the salad okay?" The caregiver goes to the fridge, pulling out various bags of salad and other vegetables.

     "Got it, what do I do?"

     "Just open the bags and pour them into the bowl then you can mix it with the mixing fork and spoon okay?" Dabi says in hopes that the little will agree and do as he is told.

     "That sounds boring. I wanna do the bread."

    "That still counts as hot stuff. You can work on the salad." Dabi says again, sighing as he continues to work on the chicken alfredo. "Also, the salad is the most important job of this whole operation."

     Shigaraki gasps looking up, "It is?!"

     Dabi nods as he smiles a bit. "Cause salad is Daddy's favorite part of the entire meal. So you gotta make sure you make the salad perfect for me, alright?" He knew deep down that this was the way to get the little boy to listen.

    "Okay got it! I can do that!" The blue haired boy exclaims as he rushes towards the salad bags eagerly. He pulls at the opening of one accidentally tearing it too far causing the contents of the bag to open up and spill all over the floor.

    Tears well up in the boy's eyes as he falls to the ground holding the lettuce leaves gently. "Five second rule, I swear I will save you!" He yells trying to get all of the pieces back into it's ripped bag.

    Dabi looks down chuckling a bit before pointing towards the other salad bag. "Baby it's fine, throw those pieces away, one bag of salad is just fine for me."

    Shigaraki nods before throwing the salad that was on the floor away. He grabs the next bag as Dabi watches closely. "Now be gentle opening it." Shigaraki listens and opens the bag successfully before pouring the salad into the bowl he was given.

     "Look I did it! Now can I do something harder? I can do the bread now!" He says excitedly to which Dabi shakes his head.

    "Remember you need to mix it well so all of it is evenly distributed." He says, holding out the giant wooden spoon and fork. "Use these."

    Shigaraki nods as he begins to mix the salad up. He watches his caregiver from the table as he mixes until all of the food is ready. Once the table is set, Shigaraki waits for Dabi to compliment his work.

    Dabi hands out the plates of food and takes a quick bite of the salad before smiling. "Good job baby, you did an amazing job. I think you're an expert salad maker." He says which makes Shigaraki glow in pride.

    "So next time I make the noodles and Daddy makes the salad?"

     "Let's not get ahead of ourselves."

     "But Daddy you said-"

     "Shigi, eat your noodles."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Join the discord server if you haven't already!

~ TeddyBumble