🌺9🌺

"thanks mom, i'm heading to class now." miyome told her mother on the phone as she left her dorm room.

"have fun at school." her mom said as she hung up.

miyome put her phone away into her bag and started rushing to class. she wasn't running late or anything, she just didn't want to encounter anyone.

in fact, it was quite early. she wasn't the social butterfly. she didn't really like interacting with other humans. she often talked with her plants, or read books in bed, and even went on walks alone.

she wasn't the type to sit inside unless it was necessary. saying that she loved going outside and being with nature was an understatement.

the only person she'd consider her friend would be itadori. he was someone she met while going shopping for a birthday gift for her mother.

that was when she saw itadori injured on the sidewalk. he was resting against the wall, heaving for air.

he wasn't covered in blood or anything. nothing fatal, just a few scratches and bruises here and there, but she was worried nevertheless.

that was when and how they became friends.

hanami was someone she knew way before itadori - according to her at least.

miyome had no memory of what happened before her accident. it was something she didn't really bother digging into either.

"hanami?" miyome asked when she sensed a pair of eyes glued on her.

she turned back and saw hanami's outline and she slowly walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

"good morning." she calmly greeted.

hanami placed a hand atop of miyome's head and said, "good morning. did you rest well?"

miyome broke the hug and said, "yep, how about you-" but trailed off when she remembered that curses didn't really need sleep.

"how are you? and what are you doing here?" miyome asked as she slowly started heading to class.

"i'm fine. i just wanted to say hi to you. how are you?" hanami said on return as she followed the young girl.

"i'm glad you're fine. i was on a call with my mom a second ago. and also, i planted the flower you gave me." miyome said as hanami followed her to class.

"hm, how'd you do that? i don't remember there being any roots." hanami questioned.

"well~" the girl trailed off, "i put it in water like you're supposed to with a stem, and overnight the sprouts appeared. it wasn't supposed to do that for another month of two, but i'm not complaining." she answered as she twerled around.

the skirt of her uniform spun with her motion. hanami was glad to see miyome happy.

"did you do anything fun yet?" miyome asked as she turned left.

"not really." hanami said.

the truth was, hanami came here to ask whether miyome would be free after school. she wanted to go to the park or someplace with her.

yesterday miyome asked hanami to help her fall in love with her and asked her to tell her more about what the two were before miyome's accident.

and hanami didn't want to waste time.

"are you free after school?" hanami asked.

miyome thought about it, trying to figure out whether she had anything planned or not.

"i.. i don't think i have any plans. why do you ask?" miyome questioned as she looked over to hanami.

"i was wondering if you wanted to go out. maybe to an amusement park? or somewhere more subtle like a cafe?" hanami finally said.

"oh. you mean like a date?" miyome boldly asked.

hanami stopped walking, unable to say anything. she was quite flustered. she didn't expect miyome to be so straightforward. usually hanami was the one who was direct, but here she was unable to answer miyome's simple question.

miyome stopped as well when she stopped feeling hanami's presence behind her. she gave hanami a confused look and grabbed one of her hand with both of hers.

with a soft smile and chuckle, she said, "sorry, did i flustered you?" as she placed a gently kiss on hanami's knuckles.

hanami covered her face with her other hand and stammered, "y-yeah. if you want it to be a date. i just wanted to help you learn a few things a-about us in the past.."

miyome nodded and calmly said, "thank you hanami." as she pulled the tall curse into another hug.

miyome felt hanami's chest tighten and her heart skip a bit.

"hanami.. your heart just skipped a beat." miyome said out loud.

hanami, still having a hand cover her lower half of her face said, "curses don't have hearts."

which made miyome look up and say, "but i just heard it." as she ran her slender and soft fingers up hanami's chest.

she gently stopped and soon felt a heartbeat. it fastened every second.

hanami was embarrassed and madly in love.

miyome chuckled and said, "see, you do have a heart." as she pulled hanami into another hug.

"at this rate i'll fall in love with you instantly." miyome joked.

hanami wrapped her own arms around the girl's frail body and said, "i'll be waiting for you outside after school.."