🌺prologue🌺

the tall curse with branches for eyes, and her left arm wrapped in cloth, walked down the empty streets.

there was nothing particular she came here for. maybe it was for the flowers and the beauty of nature.

she walked down the sidewalk and saw a little girl, around the age of 8, resting under a sakura tree.

she paid no mind to the little girl and walked past by her until the girl called out. "would you mind sitting with me for some time?" the girl asked.

the curse turned to her and was quite surprised that she was seen by a mere citizen, she radiated no jujutsu or cursed energy, nor did she have any, but here she was able to see hanami. or so she thought.

"do you see me little girl?" the curse asked as she slowly approached her.

the girl shook her head and said, "i just sensed your presence. i'm glad you stopped for me though."

the curse slowly walked over to the girl and stood in front of her. "what's your name little girl?"

the girl looked down and said, "it's miyome. how about you?"

hanami stood there silently, thinking about the girls good sense of directions. she was impressed to say the least.

"hanami." the curse replied. miyome looked back up and said, "do you like flowers?"

hanami nodded and said, "i do." to which miyome stood up and walked over to where she thought hanami was.

she pulled her arms around the curse and hugged where she thought hanami was. success.

hanami was taken aback from the sudden affection from a human and gently pushed her off.

"you remind me of a tree." miyome said as she looked up. "a beautiful tall tree."

hanami didn't react any way and instead asked, "what are you doing here all alone?"

miyome turned away and said, "my mom and dad always fight, and i come here to avoid it."

hanami nodded to herself before saying, "you should head back, your parents might get worried for you."

miyome nodded obediently and said, "i come here often so if you'd like we could talk again some time."

hanami nodded and miyome added, "i really want to get to know you. you seem to be a good creature. i'll see you again sometime."

miyome took off and slowly walked on the side road. hanami watched the girl safely disappear into the distance before looking up at the sakura tree.

she hummed to herself and left.