🌺2🌺

hanami knew for a fact that she was going to get rejected but miyome said, "i thought that you said that i was your only human friend."

miyome really did make things hard for hanami. she was never really in the way of her work, accept for the fact that hanami felt like she had to protect her from the harms of the world.

that was the only way miyome messed with hanami's head, making work difficult for her, but none of that compared to this situation.

but thanks to hanami's composed demeanor she explained everything thoroughly.

"you are the only human friend i have." hanami confirmed. miyome couldn't believe her ears and started processing all of what hanami just said.

then realization hit her. she julted back and looked at where hanami sat and exclaimed, "you like me?"

hanami turned away in embarrassment and said, "i- don't feel bad for rejecting me. i understand."

but miyome didn't say anything. she was too red and flustered. her mind couldn't make a proper response. she's never been so flustered. the guys that confessed to her at school, never really interested her, so they didn't have such an affect on her.

"i understand that i'm just another confession you get... never mind." hanami said as she got closer to miyome.

she pulled her into a hug and miyome tightly wrapped her arms around hanami which slightly surprised her.

"i like you too!!" miyome blurted as she hid her face in hanami's chest.

hanami was taken aback from the sudden confession. she did not expect miyome to like her back.

"you do?" hanami asked, wanting to hear it again.

miyome head butted hanami's chest and said, "i do..." hanami gently patted miyome's head and let out a hum of satisfaction.

the two enjoyed the silence, it wasn't awkward. just sweet and lovely. miyome had so many questions but she decided that right now wasn't the moment.

miyome looked up at hanami and said, "why and when did you fall for me?"

hanami looked down and said, "at least a year ago. i've always treasured and cared about you."

"what attracted you to me.?" miyome asked.

"you're as gentle as a spring flower- no, you remind me of a butterfly. you care about nature a lot and i've never seen you hurt a single being." hanami said as she averted her gaze to the crowd in front of them.

"why did you decide to tell me right away? it would've taken me years to finally confess to you." miyome asked again. she couldn't help but ask these questions. she felt special for getting a curse to fall for her.

"i wouldn't have minded getting rejected. and it didn't really feel that bad either. the timing was right."

"do you like me for my looks? or is it just my personality?" miyome asked.

hanami looked down at the girl again and said, "of course you're beautiful as well. despite having white hair, you remind me of the spring breeze and i feel calm whenever i see you. you also have beautiful eyes. i've never seen anything so crystal clear."

miyome thought that hanami acted a bit strange today. she didn't expect to hear any of these things from a curse.

"hanami," miyome said, catching the curse's undivided attention, "are you real?"

before hanami could answer, miyome's phone started ringing. she opened her eyes and saw a grey ceiling above her head and when she turned to her phone, she saw her alarm clock ringing and buzzing.

"the same dream again..." miyome sighed as she rubbed her eyes and sat up. to tell you the truth, miyome didn't remember the curse's name or the way she looked.

it was all a blur to her and no matter how much she tried remembering her, she couldn't.

miyome was born to a rich family, so she could afford going to a private high school with its own dormitory. the girl wanted to write books. love stories to be exact.

she's experimented with all types of genres, but the one that hit home was romance - more specifically tragic love stories.

she's written a novel when she was younger and when her teachers read it, they were at the verge of tears.

the girl had talent and potential, but despite writing all these books, she's never actually been in love. the closest love experience she had was the dream she had every night... with a curse.