Villian.

The cold against my flustered cheeks as I sharpen my blade

The cold against my flustered cheeks as I sharpen my blade. Everyone in the village has given me a look or tried not to look to me. I look at the blade and look to her shine and embedded runes at the crease. I place it into the sheathe and look to my men who walk beside me to ensure my safety. I step into the castle and there is someone stood there waiting for me. A woman. She holds something in her hands. "For you." Her black long hair and small smile makes me be reminded of someone. "What is it?" I ask her bluntly and my men take it from her. "A dress of our culture." I nod once. "Thank you." I say without emotion and step past her.

I look to Ivar who is stepping in and furrow my brows towards his movements towards the unknown women. Then it hits me. It can't be. It cannot be the woman who destroyed my marriage. But how? I seen her buried? I turn my head foreword and step towards my room. I take the dress and close the door, while my men leave me alone. I toss it onto the bed and then look to it. I take my hair down from its braid and step into the bath room. Of course of the Roman architecture. I step down into it and sink under. I come back up and push my hair back.

I lean against the wall of the bath and look to the ceiling. Odin. All father. Why have you sent her to test me? Why have you led me back to Ivar? To seek revenge? I look to the water and freeze when I hear foot steps. I part my hair to fall over my breast and I look to see Ivar. "Don't you have better things to do?" I speak and he chuckles. "Don't you? Planning our big killing." I run my hand up my arm and look to the water. If I know Ivar, I have to play his game correctly. "I only want to kill Oleg." I breathe out and then look to him. "He destroyed the one thing that meant anything to me. Then they left." I watch him and then he looks to me. "I loved you Ivar and I'm sure a part of me still does." He blinks with apprehension and almost as if he was broken inside.

I step from the bath and look to him. His eyes wonder down and I move my hand to his cheek, then to his throat. "But now. The only thing that pleases you about me is..." I grip it. "My power." I let go and he grabs the back of my head. I furrow my brows and he watches me. "That is not the only thing." He speaks and then kisses my forehead. I part my lips slightly. It's not love that wants him. It's my anger. I tilt my head from his grip to look at him. I feel weak again. No power over anyone. It's like a power over me instead. I pull myself way from its pull and then tug on a robe. I close it and clear my throat. I pull my hair from it and take a seat at the table that has a mirror onto it.

"Why do you deny it?" He asks the question I was dreading to hear. "Deny what?" I look to him and cross one leg over the other, placing my hands firmly to my knee. "The gods plan. To have us together." I scoff at him and then laugh as if he were a child. "Yes Ivar. Because the gods will it for me to want to dig a dagger so far into your heart." I shrug and start to braid my hair down my shoulder. The hair far too long to do anything else to it. He moves slowly to the bed and looks to the dress. "Where did you get this?" He speaks and I look to my hair, standing from the seat. "That woman." I say and look to him. "Is that a problem ivar? Something your eyes see that mine don't want me to see?" I pull it out and lay it onto the bed flatly. "It is very ugly." I speak and tilt my head to the side.