When you couldn't sleep (C.M.)

You turned your body to the left side. Too cold. You've tried the right side. Too hot.

You've been moving around like this, not being able to sleep, for about an hour now. You weren't familiar with not sleeping together with your husband.

You were married for two years now. Everything was and is perfect but Cole has gotten a new job last month and he isn't like usual. He works all day and night, not eating and sleeping well. You were sick worried about his health. You've never seen him this tired.

You quickly jumped out of the bed and hopped into slippers. It made a soft sound and your legs started to carry you into Cole's work room.
The light, coming from the room, was glimmering slightly in the corridor.

You came to the door and peeked a little.
There he was - sitting on his chair, with pencil in his hand and papers all over the place.

"Love..." your soft voice echoed through the room.

Cole turned his head your side.
His eyes were so red and tired, the bags under his eyes were puffy and swollen. He looked like he hasn't eaten at all in days - even though you tried to feed him as much food as you could.

"Sweetie, what are you doing here?" His tired voice asked.

"I couldn't sleep. I'm worried." You looked at his eyes and could feel tears coming. "I'm so scared for you."

Cole quickly got up and came to you, holding your face in his hands.

"Baby, stop, please don't cry." He said while whipping your tears. "Please, I can't bare seeing you cry."

You pulled him into a tight hug.

"Please, stop doing this." You murmured into his chest. "I want to see you happy again. I want to see you vivacious again, laughing and just enjoying life. Please." You almost begged by now. "I can't bare the fact that I'm losing you right in front of my eyes."

Cole didn't say anything. He didn't though that him overworking would have such a huge impact not only in him but also on you. And he felt guilty.

"Stop crying, love" he let go of the hug to look into your eyes while whipping the tears. "I promise to take it easier. Please, stop crying."

"Do you promise?" You said while feeling a soft smile coming on your face.

"I promise." Cole once again pulled you into a tight hug.

Cole kept his promise. You've never had to worry about that again. He spent less time on his work, focusing more on something far more important - his health and spending time with you.

And then you both knew that your love could overcome anything.