𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

Leila sat on the bench at the beach a few minutes after Jasper poofed away. She breathed in the salty air, feeling as if she could truly breathe now but there was still something holding her back, tears still streamed down her face. She wiped them away, straightening her stature on the bench.

She knew she had to return soon, the boys were probably worried enough as is if she stayed longer... she shook her head, wiping away one last year as memories of the Polaroid pictures came to mind. She had wanted to burn them, but Rose and Jasper told her that she shouldn't, that it was proof that she survived something terrible, that one day she would look at them in pride. Today was clearly not the day.

Leila stood up and poofed into the studio just as Julie walked in, the boys were in position in front of Julie, they had been waiting there a while it seemed. As soon as Julie walked in the boys began to sing, none of them noticing Leila. "We're sorry," Reggie began.

"So sorry." Alex continued.

"We're super-duper crazy stupid-" Luke sang, together the boys finished their apology song, "sorry."

Leila blinked. This is weird.

"In case you missed it we're really sorry." Reggie told Julie making Leila snort behind them which was covered up by Julie speaking.

"Yeah, I got that part."

"We've been here for like three hours." Alex told Julie. Three hours?! It couldn't have actually been three hours, she hasn't been gone that long. Has she?

"Yup." Reggie said interrupting her train of thought as he high-fived Alex.

"We almost sang to your little brother." Luke told her as he stood up.

"He comes in here a lot. Mainly to use the bathroom." Reggie commented, pointing back to where the bathroom is.

"It's not our favorite part of the day." Alex added Leila barely contained her laughter at this, hiding it behind her palm.

"But Julie it wasn't okay that we flaked on the dance last night." Luke told Julie interrupting Alex and Reggie's conversation. "We know we let you down."

"Yeah, and none of wanted to disappoint you or Leila." Alex agreed. "You're the best thing that's happened to us since we became ghosts."

"So in hopes that you'll rejoin the band, we booked a new gig." Luke said coming forward with a piece of paper in hand.

"A mega important life-changing gig." Reggie added behind Luke, putting his hand on Alex's shoulder.

Julie looked down at the flier and Luke began to tell her more, Leila sat down at the piano without realizing and watched on, "Check it out. Tons of managers go here to listen to new bands. All we gotta do is blow them all away and we're living the dream."

"So this means a lot to you huh?" Julie asked, "Kind of how playing in front of my entire school meant a lot to me."

"Sounds like sarcasm." Reggie commented making Leila hide a laugh once more. Reggie gasped and spoke in a whisper to Alex, "I'm starting to think our plan isn't working."

"Look we know we messed up." Alex said to Julie.

"But we need you in the band." Luke said seriously.

"Of course you do." Julie replied, "because without me no one can see you guys playing. You know I thought that the music that we were writing was special, but you're too obsessed with your past to even care." Leila winced, subconsciously slumping in her spot as if hiding although no one has even noticed her yet.

"I do care!" Luke exclaimed, "Our band has a real chance at greatness. I'm not gonna let that get away from us again."

"Uh-huh right, so then why did you bail on me to get back at Trevor." Julie responded leaving Luke speechless, "I'll tell you why. Cause there's only one thing that you care about and that's yourself."

Leila stood up at this, she knew Julie was hurt, she was too but that, that was just too far. "Julie!"

Alex and Reggie jumped, turning with wide eyes to Leila while Luke didn't seem phased, too focused on Julie to care, Julie glanced at her and shook her head before walking away, flier still in hand.

Luke followed her a few steps before stopping.

"She didn't mean it, Luke." Leila told the boy who had become her brother many years ago, taking another step closer.

Luke looked at her, he wasn't comforted by her words only being reminded that he had hurt her too. He offered a weak smile before turning and disappearing.

"Where's he going?" Reggie asked aloud as Leila came to a stop beside him.

"Where do you think?" Alex responded. They all knew the answer. "Remember what today is?" He asked looking back at his bandmate. Leila looked down. She knew they all knew.

"We have to do something." Leila spoke quietly.

"Where were you?" Alex asked being momentarily distracted by his question.

Leila looked up at Alex before looking away, towards the house where Julie was as she changed the subject, "We need to talk to Julie."

Without another word, the trio poofed into Julie's home, right in front of the girl who sat on the couch, homework in her lap.

"Hey you uh you got a second?" Alex asked nervously as they walked towards hers.

Julie sighed, ignoring them. "Oh my gosh, she can't see us anymore!" Reggie said to Alex and Leila who both gave him looks.

Alex and Leila moved forward, Alex going to the left side and Leila going to the right. "Oh right." Reggie said.

Alex looked down at Julie who was still trying to ignore them. "Julie please."

Julie finally looked up at them. "I already told you that I'm done with the band."

"Yeah we know but before you decide that forever we just..." Alex paused glancing at Leila for help.

"We wanted you to know that Luke isn't as selfish as you think." Leila spoke for Alex.

"Yeah, you've got him all wrong." Reggie spoke.

Julie scoffed in response, looking back down at her homework. Reggie looked at Alex for help, he wasn't the best in these situations and he doubted Leila was in the best mindset to take control of the conversation. He was still worried about her, especially when she disappeared after what they found.

"You remember that song "Emily"?" Alex asked, Julie had seen Unsaid Emily? Leila's brows furrowed. Huh. "Can we at least show you who that's actually about?"

Julie looked between the three who each gave her pleading looks before she sighed, setting aside her homework. "Fine."

♪ 𝟷,𝟷𝟸𝟶 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ♪