𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

She was tired of all the running,

A weak thought that glimpsed every few seconds in her head.

She hated the thoughts, she tried to ignore them but they were so loud. Why now? In those eight years the thoughts could appear, why now? Astra was running through a forest, she had no idea where she was going but new thoughts kept coming into her head.

Running away isn't going to accomplish anything.
Going freely to that monster wouldn't too.
What is even her purpose here?
Running away until she is strong enough to take revenge.
She doesn't want revenge, she is just blaming the first person so she wouldn't blame herself.
She wants to take revenge more than anything.
If she wanted revenge that bad, she would have taken the kitchen knife, walked outside, and slid the Darkling's throat.

Was that annoying voice right? Was she just running away from her problems? All her motif to kill the Darkling was slipping away, but she had to keep it. Someone had to pay for her parents' death.

Why don't you just pay the price yourself?

***

Years he had been waiting to find the sun summoner, he hadn't expected her to be such a pain in his ass. He sat in his coach, Clive sat before him. Clive was trying to talk to Artemis but she wasn't listening.

Lillith sat next to the Darkling. She was trying to talk to him, but he had more important things to think about. They had left the others behind in the village where she was last spotted. The four of them were riding through other places she might be.

"Why are we even putting so much effort in one person? What is so special about her?" Lillith asked, irritated. Clive had his mouth already open to tell her, but the Darkling stopped him.

"She's an important person who will help." was all he answered. Lillith didn't give up, "She can't be that important, what is she the sun summoner?" She asked laughing, even Artemis joined. "No." He answered seriously, Lillith and Artemis's faces became blank again. "She is important to the people of Ravka, she is important to me."

Lillith rolled her eyes angry and looked outside of the coach. Artemis was ignoring Clive again and eventually, there was silence.

The Darkling loved silence, it helped him to think better.

Clive had asked him a very good question a few hours ago and it never left his mind, 'What are we going to do when we find her? It's not that she is going to come freely seeing the circumstances.' Yeah, what is he going to do?

He would try and convince her they just want to help her, that he just wants to help her. He hadn't made a good first impression, she had been in his tent and heard him threaten others if they spoke up about her existence. She knew he'd sent Grisha after her and that people would gladly betray her for him.

He still wasn't over the fact that she could have been his already, but that he had been too busy stressing about their enemies. But it was all the same, he would get her. They'll make Ravka safe again for the Grisha, and he will rule with her on his side.

And no one could change that.

***

She had no idea where to go anymore, people are on the Darkling's side and she is all alone. She had been alone for a very long time but the more she began to acknowledge it, the more it began to hurt.

There is only one way to deal with the problem of her gnawing on her past, she would go seek it and accept it. She had been pushing this back for as long as she can remember. She would return tomorrow to the place where the misery all started.