37

'Where exactly are we going?'

'Well, it's the holiday season, plus we have wrapped up the shooting and the project is up for post-production processes. So, kinda wrap-up party.'

'So the entire crew would be there?'

'Precisely'

Still addled, Alina continued her inquiry, 'if there are going to be so many people already, why do you want me to accompany you? I mean, won't it look suspicious?'

'Don't start this all over again, you are coming there. And I don't want you to drive alone today, you can come either with me or Debbie.'

'Why?'

' I'll ask Debbie to pick you up, this place is in West Hollywood and paparazzi could be waiting there, Debbie would be able to manage things well.'

'No, wait! Paparazzi, you mean the people with all those cameras? Consider me out. I still enjoy my private, simple life.'

'Shut up and get ready.'

'I don't know what to wear for this sort of occasion, you see, I don't have an appropriate dress. Oh! I can't go, I feel so bad about it,' anyone could have spotted Alina's overacting.

'I've got you covered sweetie,' and he handed a shopping bag to her.

It had a mustard yellow-colored woven sheath dress running till knees, with short sleeves and a cut in the front, straight hem style. On any other day, she would have loved it, but today, her aim was to dodge attending the event.

'I don't think this will look good on me.'

'Now, if you are done with your excuses, try it.'

'But Rob...'

Rob rose from the bed and started walking towards her.

'Okay, okay, trying it,' and she went to get dressed. The dress suited her perfectly, hugging her as if it was made for her. 

'Wow, you look gorgeous. I bet I will have a really hard time keeping my eyes off you.'

'So cheesy, am I the only one who is supposed to get dressed?'

'Alright, alright. See you outside in an hour.'

A pair of white pointed-toe pumps with closed bac and a solid white handheld bag, white contemporary drop earrings completed her look. Straight hair, rose coral lipstick, a simple watch and she was ready. She twirled in front of the mirror with all smiles and went to meet Rob.

'Why are you doing this to me? How would I keep my hands off you?' he said, trying to reduce the gap between them, leaning for a kiss.

'Stop, I like my lipstick.'

He gave a peck on her cheek instead. Debbie was already there and they left for the party. Debbie and she entered through the restaurant's kitchen door while the actors and others took the main entrance, posing for cameras They went straight into the party without waiting for Rob where Debbie introduced her as her's and Rob's friend, but as soon as Rob emerged into the party hall, his eyes started searching for Alina. When he finally spotted her, he flashed a smile and made his way in her direction.  He put his arm around her waist, smiling at her, and started interacting with people around. She met the assistant director from the sets the other day and indulged in conversation with him, Rob also got involved with others. Soon enough, Zoe found Alina and pulled her into the restroom.

 'You are enjoying this, aren't you?

'What? Couldn't catch you.'

'The attention, being around Rob.'

'Don't get me wrong, I know I shouldn't be here.'

'You know? Seriously?'

'Rob and I talked about things and I have decided to give it time, to get to know him more, that's it.'

Zoe was raging with anger, 'you know I was wrong about you!'

'What do you mean?'

'You are another gold-digger, you are after his money, hungry for fame. It was all a part of your plan, isn't it?'

'No, none of this is true.'

'It's not worth it,' and Zoe trudged out.

Alina walked behind her with a bland face but Rob was nearby and it didn't take him too long to understand what was going on.

'Sweetie, are you all right?'

'Yeah, m fine,' she replied with her head hanging down.

'Don't lie, you won't even look at me?'

He took her hand and rushed to Zoe. Finally, after ensuring that the three of them were alone, he started addressing Zoe.

'Zoe look, I know things were difficult between us, but don't try to put up those between Al and me.'

'Can't you see? She is just using you.'

'And what made you think like this?'

'You never asked me to come to any of your parties, but she is just tagging along everywhere.'

'So?'

'I bet you are the one getting her all these dresses and accessories.'

'None of your business, she is a strong,  independent woman, capable of everything.

'She is just after your money and popularity, right from the start. She didn't even listen to me, just following you everywhere as if she has no work of her own.'

'Enough, I don't need to explain anything to you. Do yourself a favor and stay away from us. Don't try to mess with our personal matters. I can't see her hurt,' he looked at Alina who stood there, head still hanging low, stream of tears flowing on her cheeks.

'Aah sweetie,' he said brushing his lips against hers, slowly intensifying the kiss. He broke the kiss a few moments later, 'come on, people would be missing us.'

Before they could leave, Zoe barked, 'Rob, she is no one, she is just using you.'

'She can do anything with me, use me in whichever way she wants. I am all hers,' Rob said winking to Alina while passing a smirk to Zoe.

He kissed her again, a ferocious one this time, his hands wandering around her waist. 'I am not leaving your side tonight. Let's get you to the restroom and please tell me that you are carrying your lipstick...because...obviously I sucked it.'

He tried to lighten the mood and managed to do so, she passed a weak smile to him and they left Zoe alone there and walked together, coupled with each other.