15

Alina woke up with the sunlight entering the place through the huge french doors, She quickly peeked outside to see if there was anyone outside. She was delighted when she saw security personnel standing near the entrance. She quickly ran outside and found another lady near the pool. Strangely, Alina had not noticed the pool last night when she entered the property.

The man approached her and had a furious look on his face,' Can I help you?', he said.

'I am Alina, am supposed to be living in the guesthouse and ...', before she could end, he said

'Strange, we weren't informed that we are expecting a guest'.

'Oh', she decided to cut short the conversation. 'Could you please ask Aaron to get in touch with me, or visit me if possible?', she chose her words cautiously.

'Okay, I have to check with him about this anyways, I will let him know.'

Alina went inside, took shower, and changed into a comfortable t-shirt, lounge shorts, and her open-toe flats. Fresh clothes comforted her and she started munching while browsing her laptop. She took out her diary, she occasionally jotted her thoughts or lines which came to her mind and her diary was a collection of her self musings.

It was late afternoon and Alina felt relaxed after almost a day SHe took out her Bluetooth speakers and played MJ's 'You are not alone', soothing music filled the entire living room. She took her diary and pen and walked towards the garden. Nobody was out there this time, so she found a spot near the door, closer to blooming California poppies, she sat on the grass, kneeling her chin on her knees, and gazed at the sky. With the sun about to set, clear sky, and lovely flowers next to her, the view was mesmerizing. She took a mental picture of the scene before her eyes. It was almost after 10 days that she found herself to be calm, nothing was going through her mind, no thought and she was completely into the moment.

She did hear some footsteps approaching but chose not to divert her focus. Soon enough, someone came close enough to distract her.

'Penny for your thoughts?'

Alina frowned and turned to her left to find Rob standing there.