14

The drive was of about 45 minutes and it was just Aaron and herself in the car. The car entered a gated property through what appeared to be the back entrance. Alina dragged her suitcases, one in each hand, with her laptop bag on her shoulders, they crossed the garden area and Aaron opened a french door gesturing her to head inside. Within nanoseconds, he was gone and Alina found herself in a decent-sized living room with a white-coloured, L-shaped couch in the centre and the dining area and open concept kitchen nearby. There were plants within the space which made the entire area quite vibrant.

Alina left her luggage near the door and started walking casually in the living room, admiring the place. The interiors were subtle, nothing on to the face and she liked the character of it. The ceilings were high and the place was well lit. The kitchen was well equipped, but when she opened the fridge, it was completely empty. Next to the kitchen, there was a breakfast nook that had arcade doors leading to the garden, an instant urge of using that space as her office and study filled her mind.

She switched on the television and sat on the couch, feeling much controlled after seeing the place.  But she could not figure out the bedroom yet, there were some 4-5 doors but all were locked. She didn't try any random code to unlock them.

'I guess I can pass out on the couch itself', she thought. But then, there was no grocery there, nothing to eat apart from some nachos she had with her. She could not risk ordering anything and she wasn't even knowing the address of the place where she was. All she knew that she was somewhere in Los Angeles, USA, that's it. She could not find anyone in the garden and as per the agreement, she could not go anywhere apart from the guesthouse.

'have I put myself into danger?' suddenly she realised, being too conscious of her surrounding and felt completely helpless, her mind wandering in all directions. But there was nothing she could do, she decided to leave the next morning, regretting coming there in the first place. She went back to the garden hoping to find someone but in vain. The entire place was, as if, secluded from the rest of Los Angeles.

She headed inside and closed the door, too nervous to eat or drink. She collapsed on the couch at once, thinking of the mess she has gotten herself into. She wanted to call her mom but this would only cause trouble, she thought to stay awake the whole night but her body gave in and she snuggled into the couch.