26. I'm her boyfriend

Wattpad is acting up today so you probably did not receive a notification for this update 🥺️  but, yayyy, you're here now! 🤗  All good! To avoid this kind of issue, feel free to follow me on Instagram @btsjealousyfiction (direct link in my profile) - I always post a story to announce a new chapter 💜

2 days before the Jeju island trip

6 PM | Yejin

"I said I was sorry."

I scowled, looking out the car window.

"Yah, Yejin-shi..."

My lips came into a thin line as I was trying to repress a laugh.

He always used respectful honorifics with me. And I was just a year older than him.

"Yejin-sssshi," he nagged again and I imagined his lips coming into a pout.

I sighed, uncrossing my arms, turning to him on the driver's seat.

"Do you know what it's like to not have a phone?!" I complained, giving him the darkest stare I could. "I couldn't call a taxi. I couldn't check the bus schedule. I couldn't mak-"

He rolled his eyes at the road and I flicked a finger on his head.

"YAH! 그 미친 년... [That crazy bitch...]," he whined, rubbing the spot on his head I hit him on, his eyes giving me a death stare before coming back on the road. "It wasn't even two full days... I picked you up yesterday morning..."

I smiled for myself at the satoori he was using. We were both coming from the South Jeolla Province.

It was reminding me of our hometown.

"You can survive for a day without a phone, no?" he sucked on his teeth, glaring at me again.

I raised my hand again and he flinched.

"YAH! I'm driving!"

My threat must have been effective because Dohyun stopped nagging me after that.

I looked outside to the grey sky above us. It was going to rain for sure tonight.

I couldn't wait for us to get to the hospital. This airhead of Dohyun had forgotten to pick my phone up at the nurse's office yesterday.

I wished I could have taken my bike and pick it up myself but the doctors had forbidden me to drive for three days.

I felt Dohyun's eyes on me.

"By the way..."

He cleared his throat.

I already knew what he was about to ask.

"Do you know Jinho is back from the army this week?"

Spot on.

His tone seemed hesitant... as if he was afraid of my reaction.

I looked down at the grey road we were driving on.

"He will ask to see you, you know."

I continued to ignore him, my eyes focused on the asphalt rolling under us.

"When was the last time you guys met?" he asked and I felt his eyes checking on me again.

"Don't know," I mumbled back, trying really hard to feign disinterest.