Chapter 25 - Better Misunderstood

Start from the beginning

Everyone's attention was then suddenly on me. I went to them with tired eyes.

"What happened? I thought you only hand to go to a business partner, why do you look so miserable." Jay said bluntly.

"Yeah..." I sighed, "I forgot to tell you that the partner company that my parents invested in is The Choi Enterprises."

"Wait," Heeseung said trying to piece everything together,

"Aera and Taehyun's company." Jungwon finished his thought.

Silence towered over us, none daring to speak.

Ni-Ki being the youngest gave in to his curiosity, "Have you talk to her?"

"I have." I nodded, "And I talked to Taehyun too."

I chuckled as I remembered our conversation, I took the invitation from my coat's pocket, "Guess what?"

"What's that?"Sunghoon eyed the classy envelope.

"An invitation to their wedding." I chuckled bitterly.

"What?"

Tears started to flow from my eyes, "She's getting married. They're getting married."

"Jake." They were at a loss for words. Honestly, I was too.

"He asked if I could come." I told them about what Taehyun said, "I don't think I can, Sunghoon."

All he could say was, "I'm so sorry."

"What else can I do, right?" I laughed looking at their worried faces, "Other than be happy." I paused as I felt a knot forming in my throat, "I mean, she's happy. That's all I ever wanted."

I hiccupped as I couldn't keep my tears at bay. I broke down for the nth time in front of them, I feel so weak, "But why does it hurt so bad."

"Six years, and still." The pieces in my heart that I worked so hard to fix still crumbled, "It's still her."

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

"Jaeyun, honey are you ready?" I heard my mother's voice from across the room as I fixed up my tie. 

I can not believe that I am actually going to this wedding. 

"Why the long face, my dear?" Mom spoke with gentleness in her voice. 

I shook my head placed on a smile before answering her, "Nothing, mom."

She hummed skeptically but proceeded to smile, "If you say so. Let's go."

As we arrived at the venue, I marveled at the sight of the chapel. I'm surprised they didn't get married on the beach. After all, that was 'their' place.

A place I thought was 'ours'.

We got ushered to the seat and my parents talked amongst themselves and some of their friends from the industry who also came to witness the wedding. The entire time, my gaze was just on the ground. 

I felt sick to my stomach, can I really do this? Can I really watch her get married to someone who isn't me? The entourage started and my head stayed low. I thought I could look and watch but my body just won't cooperate.

"Taehyun looks so handsome."

"He looks so happy too, look at his smile!"

"Wow, the bride looks so amazing."

"That dress!"

I can hear their whispers, how amazing the entourage was. Even my parents were commenting and are both in awe of the extravagant wedding.