Chapter 14 - Begging You

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI AERA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Miss, are you sure you are okay?" Cindy asked for the hundredth time. 

I laughed at her and said, "It's just fever, Cindy."

"It's because of last night," she murmured as she collected all the food she prepared for me to eat. I sighed as I remembered what happened last night.

My mother came home earlier than expected again, she was drunk. Upset about what was happening to the company or something and she saw me. My body is well acquainted with her beating but once in a while, I do get sick because of it. Especially now since I have also been exhausting myself because of school.

"Yeah, but it'll pass. I just need rest." I assured her and she nodded defeated as she walked out of my room. 

After a while, as I was starting to fall asleep. Cindy suddenly opened the door and walked in with a knowing smile on her face. "Miss, sir Jake is here to see you."

"What?! Why is the here?" I flinched as I stood up and my head gained a sharp pain.

Cindy helped me get back to lying on my bed and spoke, "He called you earlier, miss. But you weren't awake so I answered it."

My eyes widened at her and asked in disbelief, "And you told him?" she then proceeded to laugh nervously and looked at me with an apologetic look. I sighed and simply rubbed my temple, "Just let him in then," I whispered. Suddenly, I feel conscious about what I look like.

Gosh, I must look like shit today.

As soon as he got into my room, he rushed to sit beside me on my bed. He looked so worried that I couldn't help but melt. "Aera, what happened?" his tone softens with concern.

"Just a slight fever," I told him as I looked down at my hands. I am a very confident person, maybe even too confident. Especially because I'm always around my big-headed best friend. But with Jake, I feel so shy and small. 

Damn, Jake. What did you do to me?

I felt the back of his hand on my forehead then, it traveled down my neck. His soft touch gazed at my skin and all it did was give me shivers and butterflies.

"It's not a slight fever, you're burning up." He looked angry for a while but then as he looked at me, his eyes softened and he continued, "Let's get you to the hospital."

I held his wrist and shook my head, "No, Jake, it's fine. I just need rest."

"Bub," he whined after he heard me disagree with his suggestion.

"Please, Jake." I rubbed my thumb on a portion of his arm as I held it tightly.

"Alright," he sighed and turned around slightly before addressing the young girl who was looking at our interaction in awe. "Cindy? Can you get me some cold water and a towel? Thank you."

Cindy quickly followed his instruction and rushed downstairs. Jake removed his coat before coming back and sitting down on the edge of my bed.

 Jake removed his coat before coming back and sitting down on the edge of my bed