Prologue

"You are the only daughter of the Choi family, you need to be..." my mother looked at me waiting for me to continue the mantra that she and my family have been engraving in my head.

"pretty, proper, poised..." I continued. Then I saw a frown on my mother's face, something I rarely saw. "and?" she wore this fake smile as she encouraged me to continue.

I have grown accustomed to her fake smile. She wasn't the only one. Every single one of my family and their acquaintances wore these fake smiles as they were surrounded by fancy chandeliers and expensive champagne.

"And?" my mother's teeth gritted together as she still held her smile even when she was frustrated with how much time I was taking.

"Perfect." I spitted out the word that she was looking for.

She sighed and smiled again. "That's right, perfect."

"Ms. Choi Aera!" I lifted my head and looked straight at the professor in front of the class who was practically glaring at me.

"What?" I yawned.

"Huh," he scoffed. "out of all the Choi's I have taught, you are the only disrespectful one." He scolded me, I smiled at him menacingly.

"What a disappointment. The Choi family is a remarkable bunch. Are you a lost puppy who stumbled upon their wealth?" as he didn't get to my skin with his first statement, he proceeded to push my limits.

Oh, sir, you don't even know how much you just complimented me by saying that I am different from them.

I smirked at him, "And aren't you supposed to be teaching?"

The class burst into laughter, he was one of the professors that never really taught in class. All he ever did was talk about his life and how better he was than any of us.

"Get out of my classroom!" he pointed out the door.

I took my bag out and stood up. "Gladly." I used the fake perfect smile that I have mastered through the years and waved at him.

I was out of the room when suddenly a figure stood in my view.

"Out of my way, Jaeyun." His name felt like poison on my tongue.

"No, your dad asked me to keep you from trouble," he replied quite sternly I couldn't help but laugh.

"Darling, didn't he tell you?" I stepped towards him and pulled the perfectly neat tie tucked in the vest of his uniform. "I'm trouble."

He looked like he was at a loss for words. I chuckled as I drew back and saw his stunned face. I turned away from him and strutted my way to the front door of the school. no one dared to stop me, not even the teachers. They were all manipulated by my perfect little family and our perfect money.

Perfect? Huh, mother?

As if.