Chapter 22- Family

Start from the beginning

I don't know what I should do at that time. I have several options in my mind but I don't know which one is the best.

Should I pull the woman's hair, which my hands itch to do at this moment?

Should I hit Lean's head to wake him from a trance and remind him that I'm just standing here several inches away from them, watching?

Should I shout at them to break the spell they're in?

Should I walk out and act as martyr and just call my best friends to rescue me?

Maybe all of the above?

But thanks god, they decided to end their past-lover-kind-of reunion.

He looked at me intently as if assessing my reaction seeing them together. I frowned at both of them and to my surprise, he grinned at me with satisfaction in his eyes. There's something wrong with his head, I pretty sure of it.

"Genie, this is my childhood friend, Abigail." He encircled his arms around my waist and pressed me to his side possessively. I blushed at his action. "Abby this is Dominique, my fiancée."

So this is Abby, the perfect woman whom his family wanted him to marry. I suddenly felt more out of place and insecure. She's a stunning woman. When I glanced at both of them briefly, it's very evident, they look perfect together.

"Oh." That's all she could utter. She was obviously stunned and disappointed. She was hurt but tried to cover it with a smile that did not reach her pretty eyes. Somehow, I pity her. I know that feeling. I've been there and I've done numerous things most of them stupid just to fight for that feeling. And that's what led me to Leandro.

"Hi, it's nice meeting you Abby." I smiled at her. I'm pretty sure I mirrored her smile a while ago, just a smile for the sake of smiling. It did not reach my eyes. I offered my hand for a shake. She hesitantly reached for it.

"Call me Red. I'm more comfortable with it."

My smile was gone instantly when I heard that. Could it be the woman Leandro's talking about when he was drunk? The woman he wanted to propose to? Is she also the woman who begged him to stop fighting for her? The same woman who hurt him in the past?

Is it possible that he's only using me to get his revenge? If that so, that explains the press conference, the proposal, the sweet words, the kisses. All of those are fake. He's fake.

I sighed deeply in disappointment. I felt my body weakened and my head hurts all of a sudden.

I'm so stupid to hope that the fake can turn real.

"Genie, are you alright?" He tightened his hold bearing my body weight.

"I'm fine. I'm just a little tired." I didn't dare to look at him. I don't want him to see the disappointment and hurt my face can't hide anymore. I massaged my forehead as an excuse.

I squeaked when he scooped me in his arms without warning and carried me bridal style in front of his fiancée number two.

This is really awkward. It's like a TV drama...Two wives in the making.

She looked at us appalled.

"Lean, put me down." I said sternly but he just smiled in response. He walked towards the stairs carrying me as if I weighed nothing.

I tried to wriggle free from his hold but that's of no use. His strength is probably ten times mine plus I felt so weak right now. So I just let him carry me and do what he wants. He can act for as long as he likes, I don't care anymore.