Ch.30

"Alright so then you mix the eggs and the lime together" Liv instructed all of us.

We had all taken separate bowls and were striving to have the best key lime pie, apparently the twins' favorite.

"Dumbass you missed an egg" Cayden cried out in annoyance, a twin standing guiltily, looking around for the missing egg.

"I swear I put 3 in" he cried out back, getting on his hands and knees to look under the table.

Someone wolf whistled and the twin glared at everyone as he came back up, egg in hand.

He trudged over to the sink and cleaned it off before cracking it into the bowl with the rest of the eggs.

"As I was saying... then you mix it" Liv muttered, already having given up with everyone.

Ezra had already thrown a tantrum when he couldn't get the graham cracker crust to stick to the pie bowl.

Cayden and Vincent handled the mixer with deadly precision while the twins managed to get the egg stuck in their hair.

One didn't notice while the other let out a screech as the yolk came flying at him.

He tried to pick it out his hair but it was proven useless.

He just gave up and kept mixing, his expression having soured.

I thought I was doing alright. My crust wasn't as straight as Liv's and my lime zest had chucks in it but I made it work as I tried not to let anyone of it overflow the bowl.

"Alright time for the condensed milk" Liv said, his excitement having come back.

"Don't put your tongue anywhere near the can unless you don't want to taste for weeks" Liv warned, carefully opening the can so he didn't get cut.

I was impressed as everyone took the warning seriously and didn't put anything but their fingers near it.

We used plastic spatulas to scrape out the remaining condensed milk. I paused my scrambling when I heard something go splat.

I looked up in surprise to see Cayden with a thick clump of condensed milk running down his hair in front of his face.

I looked over to see Vincent standing with his spatula half way out of the can, standing half in shock and half in terror, watching the goop drip into Caydens face.

Cayden slowly looked up at Vincent with a mortified look on his face.

"You." " better start running" Cayden rumbled, a low growl emitting from his chest.

Vincent didn't need any more motivation as he took off laughing, racing to the kitchen door.

Cayden counted to five under his breath but loud enough for everyone to hear as his eyes tracked Vincent's movements.

The twins caught on to Caydens counting as they hollered each number as Cayden said them.

By the time he got to zero, Vincent was well out of sight.

No sooner than he had hit zero, Cayden bolted to the way Vincent had gone out.

I moved out his way, getting pulled to where Ezra and the twins were sitting.

Vincent not moments later came sprinting through the other door that went into the kitchen.

We could hear Cayden stomping up the stairs as we ran to the couch.

Vincent was already making his way to the front door when the footsteps upstairs suddenly became silent.

Everyone held their breath as Vincent bolted for the front door,

Opening it just in time as Cayden reached the bottom of the stairs.

The two locked eyes with each other for a split second before sprinting.

Cayden barely had the advantage as he went out the door, slowly gaining on Vincent.

We could hear the shrieks and laughs from Vincent from the couch as we all layed back, waiting to see what Cayden will do when he finally catches Vincent.

We were awarded with what we wanted a few minutes later when Cayden came through the door, carrying Vincent over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Time for that bath" Cayden told Vincent as he carried him up the stairs.

We could hear the bath water turn on as we all let out a sigh of relief.

We could finally get back to cooking in peace.

We all finished the pie and put it into the oven when Cayden and Vincent emerged, both clean.

Vincent had a blush over his face and Cayden had a satisfied smirk. I had a general idea of what went down in that bathroom but I didn't for the life of me want to do find out if it was true or not.

I gave both a kiss on the chin since I'm not tall enough to kiss their lips unless they pick me up or we are lying down.

I go back to watching my pie in the oven, the timer for 10 minutes ringing.

Liv took them out since he didn't trust any of us to not find a way to mess up.

"Alright so now it just has to sit for a while" he exclaimed, looking happily at the row of pies on the stove.

Liv was planning on selling most of them at a baking sale since we couldn't eat that much sugar even if we tried.

I felt bad for who ever had to each my chunky pie. Apparently the lime zest doesn't go away or any baking miracle. Oh no I could definitely see the chunks in my pie.

I looked longingly at everyone's else's but Caydens whos was a complete mess.

Pie crust was on the top of the pie, there was a hole in the bottom causing all the filling to come out, and it looked very dense.

We all got high fives from Liv none the less.

Everyone was pretty exhausted from that so we dragged our feet over to the couch, the twins starting on dinner as Liv joined us on the single chair.

"What? You don't want to come cuddle with us" I teased him from where I layed snuggling with Ezra.

"Nope I like my personal space and lack of other peoples body odor." Liv saluted to me, leaning back into the chair and watching the TV.

I giggled before going deeper into Ezras side, playing with his fingers.

Ezra smoothly chose the right moment to lace our hands together, halting my fiddling and causing a warm feeling to spread through my chest.

I got a kiss on the top of my head and an "I love you" before Ezra started to drift off to sleep.

I had to actually slap him to get him to wake up for dinner which caused him to tumble off the chair and onto the floor.

I looked over the couch to see him giving me a cheesy grin "still love you" he said, getting up and walking over to the table.

I shook my head and grinned, making my way to where they all were waiting for me.

————————————————————
A/N

Hey so what do you guys think of the new cover? I thought the other one was a little to simple.

Also if anyone wants to request a scene then please shoot me a message. I'm always open to suggestions.

Thanks for reading ❤️❤️❤️