Ch.16

The warden and I made conversation first, him asking me questions about the company and how I made it this far.

I have short but cooperative answers, not giving away too much information.

I already knew the warden had planned for something like this and had some ridiculous bargain but I was willing to do anything.

"Alright boy I think we have talked long enough let's discuss the deal" the warden said, spinning in his chair.

"I know what it is like to be in love so I have decided to let you off easy especially with the story I got from some of the inmates." He said.

My mood started to cautiously get happier but I knew there must be a catch.

"Now the deal is I want 10 mil for each of the criminals with the term that they are kept under control. One death or someone hurt from them will have them sent back to prison."

I was at this point bouncing out of my seat in my mind. That's it? Would I really get them so easily?

"That is at least if you can pay me within the month" he told me, grinning thinking that I didn't have that type of money.

Unluckily for him though, my company had made billions over these last few years, sales rocketing and new stores wanting to have the product.

I got a part of this billion so 10 million wasn't as bad as the warden made it seem.

"Alright then deal" I said without hesitation.

The wardens smile faded a small bit but went back up again.

"deal" he said back, shaking my hand.

I cringed at the contact but knew that if it was enough to get my loves back, it was worth it.

The warden made his way out, struggling to get up from the chair.

He walked off, winking at a few girls along the way before leaving the building.

I sank into a chair. I will finally be able to see them again.

Doubt in my mind put the thoughts of what if they aren't proud or what if they don't love me but I ignored them, knowing that I would work myself up by overthinking.

I just relaxed into the chair, asking an office helper to get me a check.

Not even a few minutes later the same office helped bounced back into the room, her smile large as she got me the check.

Poor woman probably thought I liked her. Sorry woman but I am taken by 5 very hot guys I'm trying to break out of jail.

I filled out the check and gave it to the front desk on my way out with the simple instructions "send this to the warden by sundown" before striding off.

Walking out of the building felt amazing as I breathed in the cool afternoon air.

I felt like my body had been lifted. I practically did a dance as I made my way down the road and to the sleek limo waiting in the parking lot.

It may sound cheesy but it felt like all of the smaller details I hadn't noticed before became visible.

I couldn't believe that after all of these years I am going to see them again.

It felt too good to be true. All of the work and effort I had put into my reputation and company was finally paying off.

I wondered what has been going on all of these years in that jail.

Did they miss me? How is everyone doing?

I hoped that Cayden hadn't gotten into any more fights. No one was really there to mother hen him.

The limo parked outside my mansion. "I'm home" I yelled in a joyful tune that echoed across the massive rooms.

"Cool" Liv yelled back, probably busy doing something.

I skipped up the stairs to my room.

My room was something a took great pride in. The bed was fit for 12 grown men and the walls were painted the same gray as the cell.

The room was themed with the classic black and white colours, a massive glass chandelier hanging from the room.

I had a walk in closet which held all of my suits and clothing with a lot of extra room.

I had never been a clothes type of person.

I looked at the modern looking clock on the wall and saw that it was lunch time.

I skipped my way back down the stairs to see Liv making sandwiches in the kitchen.

"You are in a happy mood today" he said, not looking up from what he was doing.

"Yeah I talked with the prison warden who told me Cayden Ezra Vincent and the twins could be released."

Liv hummed before turning to me. "Did you ask about Kennith?"

I felt my face go pale. I was such a horrible friend. I didn't even ask about Kennith.

I looked down in shame. "I didn't ask" I whispered in a sad voice, feeling tears come to my eyes.

Liv let out a sign, moving over to hug me. "It's ok I understand" he whispered before going back up the stairs.

I started to let out sobs as I braced myself against the counter.

Why hadn't I thought about Kennith? He was my best friends brother who I also knew. It hadn't even remotely crossed my mind.

I ran upstairs and into my room, grabbing hold of my phone. I dialed the prison wardens number. I just hope I wasn't too late.

I heard the phone ring before it went to the voice mail.

I threw my phone down in frustration, sobbing as I ran my fingers harshly through my hair. I had just blew my chance to get my best friends brother out of jail."

I crawled into my bed, screaming into the pillow as I sobbed, kicking my legs.

I could have helped someone's life permanently for the better but I blew it.

This was all I could think of as I cried myself to sleep.