The Rescue Mission

Start from the beginning

"I was there too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison said and Scott whipped his head to her with wide eyes. "It was me. You almost hit me."

Stephanie turned to Stiles at Scott's words, her eyes widened slightly as he returned the look before Scott walked closer to Deaton. "We can find it."

Sabrina sighed, grabbing four towels and handing them to the teens to drive off as they noticed everyones glum expressions. Stephanie's brows furrowed as she looked over the group in confusion. "What?"

"You guys were out a long time." Will muttered, making Stiles turn to him in confusion. "How long is a long time?"

"16 hours." Isaac said and Stephanie felt her stomach drop. "We've been in the water for 16 hours?" The five just nodded as Deaton sighed, lifting his head up slightly. "And the full moon rises in less than four."

"I have to go." Scott mumbled, Stephanie turning to him with furrwoed brows. "Go? Go where?"

Scott slowly looked to her, a small frown on his face. "To Deucalion."

Stiles immediately straightened up at Scott's words, walking towards him. "No, dude, you are not going back with them." Scott slowly turned to Stiles, shaking his head. "I made a deal with Deucalion."

Will's face scrunched at his words, slowly stepping forward to be apart of the conversation more. "Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?" Stiles pointed his thumb at Will, not turning around to face him, keeping his eyes on Scott who he glared at. "Why does it matter, anyway?"

"Because I still don't think that we can beat Jennifer without their help." Scott said and Allison groaned, rubbing the bridge of her nose as she turned to Deaton. "He trusts you more than anyone. Tell him he's wrong."

"I'm not so sure he is." Deaton shrugged, making the whole group turn to him. "Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align yourself with people you'd normally consider enemies."

"So we're gonna trust him, the guy that calls himself death, destroyer of worlds?" Isaac asked and Stephanie nodded, leaning against the table Isaac was sitting on. "We're gonna trust that guy?"

Deaton shook his head. "I wouldn't trust him, no, but you could use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait."

The sound of the door creaking made everyone freeze. Deaton stuck his hand out, gesturing for everyone to stay out as he checked to see who walked in and after a few seconds, they heard a familiar voice.

"I'm looking for Lydia."

The group slowly walked out of the clinic area at Ethans words as Lydia looked at him skeptically. "What do you want?"

Ethan sighed, giving her an almost begging look. "I need your help."

"With what?" Stephanie asked, crossing her arm slightly. Ethan turned to her, pulling his lips into a line for a split second before turning back to Lydia. "Stopping my brother and Kali... From killing Derek."

...

"Just grab anything!" Scott said into his phone before his face scrunched and he quickly shook his head. "Stiles, I'm not smelling your dad's boxers."

Stephanie's face scrunched at his words, turning to him as they walked through Allison's house. "Can he really not find any shirts?" Scott waved Stephanie off to hear Stiles better and after a few seconds, he nodded. "Socks? Okay, I'll smell the socks."

"What about me?" Isaac asked and Stephanie sighed, following after Allison in front of them. "Same thing you did for my dad. See what you can find in Chris' closet. Anything with the strongest scent."