Keep the Shades On

The night was calm in the Saticoy house

The night was calm in the Saticoy house. Sabrina was having a late shift at the hospital while James was getting ready for his shift at the station. Stephanie, Isaac and Will were all asleep.

But not for long.

A blood-curdling scream from Stephanie's room woke up Isaac and Will, the two of them running towards her room while James ran up the stairs to check on her as well.

The three stumbled into the room to find Stephanie sat up straight in her bed, her eyes bright purple, her pillows behind her float in the air in purple wisps.

They slowly walked towards her; Isaac going behind her to pull her into him, pushing the pillows down from the air in the process as Will and James sat at the foot of her bed in front of her. "Steph. Steph, what is it?" James asked, rubbing Stephanie's leg as she tried to catch her breath.

"Something's wrong..." She muttered. The sound of her phone ringing made everyone jump. She slowly leaned towards her nightstand and grabbed her phone to see Scott calling her. She answered the phone, bringing the phone up to her ear as she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Hello?" Stephanie asked, her voice shaky. "Steph, I need you guys to meet me outside. I'll be at your house in like five minutes it's-" "Stiles." Stephanie interrupted, not even meaning to say the name, making Will, Isaac and James straighten up. "How did you know?" Scott asked as Stephanie tried to catch her breath. "I felt it."

Scott sighed. "Okay, well, I'll be there soon." Stephanie slowly nodded. "Okay." She mumbled, moving the phone from her ear and hanging up. Will looked down at Stephanie's phone with wide eyes before looking up at her. "What's wrong with Stiles?"

Stephanie sighed, not meeting anyone's eyes as she sadly shrugged. "I don't know."

The sound of the doorbell ringing made them all get up and run to the door. Scott sighed at the four before sending a small smile to James. "Great thing you're here. We need a car."

James nodded, grabbing his keys as everyone started walking to his car. Scott, hearing his phone vibrate, quickly pulled it out of his pocket, putting it on speaker so everyone could hear. "Hey, Stiles."

Shaking breathing was all the group was met with until Stiles spoke. "Did you call him? Did you call my dad?" Scott shook his head, even though Stiles couldn't see him. "No. Just Steph and them. We're coming to find you. Can you figure out where you are? Try to find something and tell us where to look."

"I think... I think I'm in some kind of basement." Stiles whispered. Stephanie furrowed her brows, leaning towards Scott's phone. "In a house?" Stephanie asked and Stiles' breathing started getting heavier. "No. It looks bigger. Like industrial. I think there's a furnace. But it's cold. It's freezing down here. I gotta turn the... I gotta turn the phone off. It's going to die."