A Divine Move

"Can you remember anything else? Anything else? Stephanie?" Parrish asked as he, Stephanie and James sat in the Sheriffs office to get questioned after Allison's death

Stephanie, now all patched up on her side, ran her hand over the bandage, her head shaking ever so slightly as her eyes stayed on the floor. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry. It just happened so fast."

James frowned at his daughter, shaking his head before putting a hand on her shoulder and turning to Parrish. "I think she's done here." Parrish nodded, moving from his seat to open the door for the two.

Stephanie Saticoy-Miller was in shock. She had never gone through a loss like this. At least not at an age where she could remember it.

Allison Argent died for Stephanie.

Allison pushed Stephanie out of the way.

Allison saved her.

And all Stephanie could feel was guilt.

When they got to the parking lot of the station, James sighed, wrapping an arm around Stephanie to lead her to his car. "Let's get you home." James muttered, thinking Isaac and Will were already home after Sabrina dropped them off after their questioning on her way to work.

Stephanie shook her head as they got into the car, turning to her dad. "No. I need to talk to Deaton."

...

Sabrina exited her patients room and walked down the hall to give a nurse her patients file when she saw James standing in the hallway, holding a small bag of food for her.

The woman smiled, walking up to him and kissing his cheek. "Aw, look at that. My loving husband brought me food." James let out a small laugh, looking down at his wife. "Are you gonna be sarcastic or are you gonna take the food."

Sabrina smiled, taking the food and walking down the hall as she pulled a small salad out of the bag and started to eat, James walking beside her. "Thank you."

As they turned to walk into an empty hospital room to eat in she turned to him, her brows furrowed. "What are you doing here anyway, don't you have work."

James shook his head as he took a chair beside the hospital bed to sit on, Sabrina taking the opposing chair. "Stilinski let me off early after what happened."

Sabrina's face fell slightly before she slowly took a bite of her food, looking up at James. "The kids are at home?" James sighed, leaning forward into the bed slightly. "Well I thought the boys would be home considering you dropped them off but they both left notes on the fridges so... Will's with Scott, Isaac insisted on taking care of Chris and I dropped Steph off at the clinic." Sabrina nodded, taking another bite of her salad.

...

"I just want to know why my fireball killed the Oni. That's never happened before." Stephanie said as she paced around the clinic, falling onto Deaton's spiny chair. Deaton stood at his table, sighing as he went to clean up. "Do you know the origins of the story for Kanays?"