3.03 Almost A Princess

Lush green fields and clear skies were the first things Charlie could make out from the windows on the Quinjet

Lush green fields and clear skies were the first things Charlie could make out from the windows on the Quinjet. Smoothly, Sam landed them on Steve's Hail Mary turf, but Charlie still felt nauseous all the way in her bones.

Once the back cabin door dropped open, Charlie was certain they were no longer in Queens.

A dozen gold and red guards surrounded one man clad in black and purple. The guards in question stood back straight and powerful with metal spears, and dark bald heads, overall very badass.

Next to the fierce warriors of the Dora Milaje were a regular set of King's Guard splayed out in even numbers with gold chest plates.

The man at the very center of this was the man in a catsuit Charlie had met over two in a half years ago. Though, now he's added King to his title.

Gently, Sam nudged her as Steve and Natasha began walking out. Charlie nearly jumped and noticed she was causing the lights to turn back on. Focus, she reminded herself and released the hold she had on the lights.

In pairs, the Avengers filed out. Steve and Nat the front, and Wanda with a limping Vision on the shoulder in the back.

"Should we bow?" Bruce whispered nervously to James next to him.

"Yeah, he's a king."

Charlie a shot glance at the Avenger and was met with an amused twinkle. With renewed interest, she kept her focus engaged and her lips firmly closed.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve greeted the Wakandian king with a brief handshake. Of course, Charlie took this moment to eye him suspiciously. Tall, broad-shouldered, with a calm and extremely handsome face and short hair, and a lack of superiority complex she was searching for.

Up next after Steve came Bruce who bowed lowly and James instantly looked appalled. "What are you doing?"

"We don't do that here," T'Challa assured with arms held out, slightly thrown off by the odd gesture.

Poor Bruce was stuck with a moment of confused embarrassment, then glared at James who smiled and nudged him in good nature.

The team filed behind T'Challa as he walked them to a tall building. "So, how big of an assault should we expect?"

Bruce pushed forward awkwardly. "Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault."

"How we looking?" Natasha asked.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, The Dora Milaje, and—"

"—A semi-stable 100-year-old man." Bucky Barnes smiled as he walked up to the crowd of people, but his eyes were on one man.

Bucky's hair was longer and greasier than Charlie had ever seen, but his presence was more chilled out and less murderous than before, so she wasn't complaining. He wore a one-armed shirt that exposed his newer, sleeker, metallic, custom-made arm.