Hateful glares and guilty consciences

Start from the beginning

"Time for what?"

"The assembly. Edward didn't tell you?"

"I haven't seen him yet. We have assemblies now?"

"This is the first one I've been to."

"Do we have to go?"

"Yep," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Where are the boys?"

"Waiting for us at the Caf."

"Zion?"

Shaking her head, she said, "I don't think so."

I felt a pang of disappointment at her words. I knew Zion and I weren't exactly on the best of terms but I still wanted him with us. I wanted him with me. But I owed it to him to respect him enough to stay away until he was ready.

"Let me take a quick shower then we can go."

I went to the closet, pulling out clean clothes before heading to the connected bathroom. I peeled my clothes off, hopping in and closing my eyes as the water ran over me. I brushed out my hair and took a quick shower before heading out.

"Come on," she said, pulling my arm.

"Why walk when we can," I opened a portal easily and the chatter of students on the opposite side filled the room.

"Portal?"

"Is there anything you can't do?" She asked, shaking her head in disbelief before walking through it. I walked in next, our dramatic arrival causing most of the chatter to die down as the students immediately whipped their head in my direction.

"I did not miss this," I muttered under my breath as I felt myself being pulled by Star.

"They're over there," she said motioning to a table at the corner of the Caf. There was nobody seated near them which didn't surprise me.

I ignored the whispers and accusations I could hear flying through the Cafeteria as we quickly approached the table.

"Maybe coming to the Cafeteria wasn't such a good idea," I groaned, noticing a cluster of students heading our way.

"I'm with you on that," Joel said, frowning at the approaching kids.

"Sure I can't kill them?"

Jeremy's eyes widened in surprise at my casual remark.

"I'm kidding geez. I won't hurt them."

"Yeah, learn to take a joke Jer." Tom said, elbowing him in the arm.

I turned around, raising both of my arms up and allowing the dark magic to spread around our table, creating a boundary that separated us. The students approaching stopped, scared to touch it. 

"Cross the boundary and you're dead," I called out, causing several students to return back to their tables while some stood defiantly at a distance.

"Will they really die if they touch it?" Joel asked.

"No, it'll just knock them out."

"Let's eat. We've waited for you guys long enough," Jeremy said, grabbing food off the platter.

We ate quickly, devouring through the food faster than usual. Having an audience wasn't exactly the most comfortable. As soon as we were done, I looked over noticing the nearest trash can beyond the boundary I'd created. I reached out my hand, letting more dark magic seep out of my palm and travel over to the trash can, pulling it towards us.