𝟰𝟭 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵

Start from the beginning

Dad walks into the kitchen at this moment and places a kiss on my forehead. He always sides with mom but it wouldn't hurt to try.

"Dad please convince mom to let me go." I plead.

"Eleonora let her go out she deserves to have fun."

Well that's a shocker.

end of the flashback.

"With both her husband and daughter ganging up on her, it was only a matter of time before she cracked. And she did." I explain. How I wish I would've never gone to that stupid party.

"My friend picked me up and drove us to the party which was about 15 minutes away." You find out who your true friends are when you're at your worst. After the accident, I found out who my true friends were.

None of my so-called friends were there for me, none of them called to check up, none of them asked me if I was okay. None.

The only one who was there was a girl named Delilah, I wasn't even friends with her but she found out what happened and she reached out. She, besides Jaden, was the only one there for me. She goes to MIT but I try to keep as much contact as possible with her.

"Everything was going fine, I was enjoying myself as always."

"The girl who drove me to the party ended up getting wasted even though she was the dd. I was pretty drunk too but I was able to call my mom and ask her to pick me up."

Fuck am I about to tell him?

"It was 2:00 a.m. by the time she arrived to pick me up." He squeezes my shoulder. "By the time she arrived I sobered up a bit but I was still slightly tipsy."

"I apologized for the first two minutes, feeling guilty that I made her come get me. Five minutes into the ride it started pouring.

flashback

"I'm sorry ma, Silvia wasn't supposed to drink but she got shitfaced." I've been apologizing to mom for the past two minutes. I feel like shit for making her come get me.

"It's fine Mija, I'm just glad that you called me instead of getting behind the wheel yourself."

We had small talk for a bit until it started pouring. "Shit it's really coming down," I state.

"Language." She scolds.

"Sorry." 

The rest of the drive goes by fairly quickly. I know where five minutes away because we're on an empty road that leads us almost directly to our house.

"We should go to LA for the weekend, have a mother-daughter trip," I suggest. I'm pretty much sober now.

"That's a great idea, we can go to that cute little café near the hotel we always stay at." She beams.

"Yes! And then we can- mom watch out!"

end of flashback

"Kai." I feel my body shake. I snap out of the memory once I feel Roman shaking me.

"You started hyperventilating." He tells me.

The same thing happened when I told Jaden the whole story.

"Where was I?" I ask.

"You don't have to keep telling me." He tells me, but I know he wants to know.

"Where was I?" I ask again.

"You were talking about how you and you're mom were going to go to LA."