𝟰𝟭 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵

2000 READS?! WTFFF THANK YOU SO MUCH IT MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME❤️

"I've been patient but you need to tell me what the fuck is going on." We just got back to the hotel and they the first thing he's said the whole ride back. I don't blame him, he was completely out of the loop the whole time we were at the prison.

I didn't stay long. Maybe 10 minutes.

Robert wouldn't say why he wanted to see me but he did answer one question.

'Why do you want a new trial?' I worked up the courage to ask. His answer?

He hates prison. That's kind of the whole point. I started going off in him and how he ruined my life.

'You took my mother from me and then you tried killing your daughter! Are you that fucked up?! You're getting out of this prison over my dead body.' I spat and stormed off.

"I know babe, and I appreciate you so much for being patient with me." I start. "Come on." I grab his hand and lead us to the bed.

I'm in jeans and a shirt right now and I don't feel like sharing the most fucked up shit in my life without being comfortable. "Sit," I tell him.

I go to our suitcase and pull out the first thing I see, which is one of his t-shirts. I grab a pair of shorts too. "Get comfortable, it's going to be a long night," I tell him.

I go to the bathroom and change into the new clothes, leaving my old clothes folded on the sink.

I walk out and find him on the bed with his pajama pants and no shirt.

I get in bed, resting my head on his chest.

"Here goes nothing." I sigh. "I'm sure you guessed it by now but Robert is my, father," I say the last part with a bitter tone. He hasn't been my dad in a long time.

"Kind of guessed that part."

I start fidgeting with Mom's locket that's around my neck.

"I don't know where to start, you know the most information out of anyone but it's kind of all over the place so I'm just going to start from the beginning." I sit up to look him in the face.

"This is all pretty fucked up so I wouldn't blame you if you decide to run for the hills after I tell you this." I laugh nervously. I feel the tears stinging my eyes. It's at this moment that I realize that I wasn't scared of telling him. I was scared of losing him.

He cups my cheek, "nothing you say will make me leave you. I promise."

I promise.

I'm going to hold him to that. I give him a quick kiss and lie back in my previous possession.

"On January 6th I got into a discussion with my mom about me going to a party. She didn't want me going since it was Monday and I had already gone to parties the last three days in a row. I used to be different in high school. I loved parties, I'd drink maybe once a week and I'd smoke a blunt every here and then." I feel tears start to threaten to fall but I blink them back.

"It's okay to cry." He whispers.

It's okay to cry.

I swallow a lump before continuing. "Normally Robert would've been on her side but that night he was different.."

flashback.

"Ma! You're being unfair about this!" I whine. I'm already dressed and ready to go to the party and Silvia is going to be here any minute to pick me up.

"I'm sorry Mija but you already went to three parties this weekend, you can always go Friday." I love my mom, she's my best friend and she's always there for me. I get that I've already gone out but I'm graduating in a few months, I need to enjoy these moments.