Recovery

On our way back to the Edge I couldn't stop looking at Cloudwhisper.
Astrid and Fishlegs had bandaged her up to try and stop the bleeding, but already it was about to soak through.

Hookfang had Cloudwhisper, his feet holding her steady. Toothless was almost as worried as me, making sure she wasn't about to fall.
Hiccup had me sit in front of him, Toothless already knew the way there all Hiccup had to do was control his man-made tail fin.
"Cloudwhisper will be fine."
Hiccup tried assuring me although it wasn't working.

"No! No she won't! She'll never be the same again!"
I sobbed and leaned down on Toothless, trying to hold myself. "It's my fault! If-If."

Hiccup placed his hand on my mouth and leaned to whisper in my ear, "Don't you ever say this is your fault, Y/n, Cloudwhisper choose to protect you. She made that choice, even if she gave her life to do it. You mean that much to her."
He finished off smiling, "I'm sure Toothless would do the same thing for me."

I gulped and sighed, "Yeah-yeah your right. It should have been me. That girl aimed for me."
He nodded and hugged me from behind, "We will get revenge, Y/n I promise you that."

At the Edge, I stayed with Cloudwhisper through everything. Sometimes I refused to eat, afraid if I even left for a second she would just...leave.

"You'll get better girl, I promise. Before we know it we'll be flying through the forest. Feeling the breeze, bonding." I smiled warily, petting her on her head.

She barely opened her eyes to look at me, those beautiful ice blue eyes. I still to this day couldn't get enough of them.

"How is she?" Hiccup asked while opening the door. He looked at me sympathetically, slowly walking to crouch beside me.

"To be completely honest," I moved my gaze off Cloudwhisper to look at him, "I don't know Hiccup."

Afraid I was going to start crying I closed my eyes for a second, breathing in and out.

"She's a fighter, she'll get through." Hiccup reassured me placing a hand on my shoulder. The only thing I could do was stare back at him, his eyes. They are so green.

"No, I can't lose focus. Cloudwhisper needs me."

"I hope you're right Hiccup." I gulped, looking at the bandage wrapped around her.

"I'm going to change out her bandage," I grunted, getting up from sitting so long, my legs were so stiff.

"I hope she gets better. I can't imagine a life without her."

Getting a clean wrap I untied the one around her stomach.
It looked better, not too much bleeding.
Carefully taking it out from under her I gave the old one to Hiccup. Immediately tieing the new wrap over her wound.

"I won't leave your side Cloudwhisper. I feel I owe you one, you know for saving me." I smiled at her sadly, scratching under her chin the way she liked.

"I'll be in my hut if you need anything." Hiccup gave me a friendly smile walking out.

"Hiccup!"

"Thank you. For everything."

"Of course."

Turning back to Cloudwhisper I sighed, "I don't know what to do girl, I don't want this life for you. Always putting yourself in danger, especially for me. I understand you have a life here but..." I cut myself off as I couldn't say it.

Do I want to leave?

I don't know the answer to that yet. When Cloudwhisper gets better I'll have a decision by then.

Right?