28.

We retreat back to Trost and I'm at the headquarters i immediately took father to the infirmary. The doctor ask me to wait outside so i reluctantly sat on a bench. My tears fell from my cheeks.

"You should get some medical attention for those burns and your head still bleeding miss Smith." One of the doctors came out to check on me.

I'm okay just focus on my father, please." I plead the doctor and my breathing started shaky.

But, your nose is bleeding. " i suddenly felt a liquid dripping from my nose. I brought my hand up to stop the bleeding, my head suddenly spinning and i felt hard to breathe. I clenched at my chest and my panic attack coming again.

"Stella?" I heard Levi's deep voice coming behind me. I turn around to see him. Someone mustn't told him or he saw me bringing my father all over here,my vision becomes blurry and i started tip to one of the side. I saw Levi's figure run towards me and catch me before i fell on the hard cement.

"Stella!" Levi shook me to get me to respond, but I can't focus because of my breathing.

"Father..." i mumbled as i leaned my weight to Levi.

Levi lift me up bridal style and brings me fowards to follow the doctor into another room.

When i woke up i was lying in a bed, my head, and hands were covered in bandages. I tried to sit up but the world started to spin. I gave up and continued to lay on the bed.

"Your'e awake." I turned my head and noticed levi was sitting on the chair next to my bed.

"How long did i passed out?" I asked him.

"You passed out 4 days." He replied.

"I'm sorry that I'm not there to protect you." He holds both my hand, I saw a tear escape from his eyes.

I wipe his tears away. "Its not your fault." I say reassures him.

His eyes still locked into mine and his face was almost turned to sad. "What happened out there?"

"I... I was getting injured a couple of times today. First, I caught up in a blast by the colossal titan. As we retreat, the armoured titan suddenly thrown titans at father and I. We all got split up due the dust when they landed. Then one titan landed behind us,we both flying towards the ground, both of us got injured and father told me to leave but I ignored him, I can't left my father. His the only one i have. All of sudden,the titans ran towards the armoured titan." I cried.

Levi is soothing me."It's okay, I'm here."

"Hmm?" He hums

"I want to see my father."

"Sure, lets go." He lift me up bridal style to my father's room. As we arrived, i saw he was on the bed reading a book and his right arm was wrapped in a sling. At least he didn't lose his arm.

Levi puts me on a empty chair next to my father's bed and he sits next to me. "Father!" I took his left hand and held tightly as i noticed tears lightly fall onto my cheek. My father gave a sad smile

"Estella. " He said

"How are you feeling, father?" I asked

"I'm fine, just a broken arm." He replied

"You look like shit." He comments as he crossed his arms.

Then were interrupted by the knock, it was Commander Pixis. He takes a sit the other side and they proceed their discussion the latest mission.

Soon, there were interrupted by another knock. "It's Hange." Levi informs Erwin. "Come in."

"Pardon for interruption,Erwin." I notice Connie was standing behind her. Hange saw Commander Pixis and immediately salutes him. "I'm I found you here." She says

"This is...", she trials off waiting for Connie to introduce himself .

"Connie Springer from 104th cadet corps, sir!" He says while saluting

Hange takes over to talk. "Connie is from Rangako village."

"The village from the recent titan invasion am i correct?"

"Yes. Actually Connie comes to report. I confirm with him the findings and investigation about how he believes that her mother turns into a titan. I think you'll find his story support our hypothesis. Soldier if you would." She turns to Connie.

Connie tells his story and he was holding a picture.

"You're saying that the titans were responsible this the citizens of Rangako?" Pixis ask disbelief . I look over Levi, worried and trouble expression crossing his features.

"I see in other words, titans are humans." My father conclude.

"We don't have proof yet." Hange says

"So... you're telling me." He starts to speak. "I've been all this timeand wasting my energy running around killing humans, is it right?"

"Like I said, we don'thave proof yet." Hange says

After Hange, Connie and Commander Pixis left. Levi looks at the window.

"Erwin." Levi says turning away from the window, letting out a gasps. "Why the hell are you smiling?" I look to my father to see a true joy looking on his smile.

"It's nothing." He says to Levi.

"You creep."

"I was often told when I was a child."

" Its just with this we've take one more step towards the truth."

He turns away from my father and I, his boring expression back

"Just one more steps huh. We'll run out of people before we learn the truth."

"Its not the cost but its a step forward to the truth. One day we will break down, this wall hiding the truth, we fall."