Part XVIII

Part 18:   Counting Stars

in you I see dirty
in you I count stars
in you I feel so pretty
in you I taste god
in you I feel so hungry
in you I crash cars

we must never be apart

"Ava Adore", Smashing Pumpkins

Harry was driving calmly through the London's streets. Every now and then he gave a look to Draco, sitting on the passenger seat with his eyes closed. The approaching dusk was tingeing everything with orange and red shades and the Slytherin's platinum hair had now a beautiful coppery halo.

Only when Harry abandoned the asphalted road Draco opened his eyes. He looked outside the window, frowning as he noticed the surrounding. They were in a large field, where the grass had grown quite wild.

Harry stopped the car stopped right in front of the setting sun and switched off the engine.  He remained still and silent for a while before turning towards Draco.

"We'd better get off," he said, smiling slightly.

Draco nodded confused and followed Harry out of the car. They walked in front of it facing the sun, surrounded by the warm colours, their eyes narrowed at the last rays of light.

Finally the sun disappeared under the horizon and again Draco turned to look at Harry. The Gryffindor was checking his watch.

"Mmm.... It's coming," he said cryptically, making Draco frown even deeper.

"What's coming?"

"That," Harry said, pointing a finger towards the sky, slightly above the point where the sun had been a while ago.

Draco had just the time to look up before a loud noise began to fill the air. His eyes went wide as he finally saw it.  He brought his hands to his ears and shivered without knowing why. It was then that sensed Harry's presence closer to him, and after a while he felt his lover's arm hugging him. Draco leaned against Harry's chest, unable to tear his eyes from the thing coming quickly towards them.

They said nothing while the object gained height and approached until it was passing over their heads, moving towards an unknown destination.  The noise followed it and slowly both disappeared, leaving behind two men silently hugged.

It took a while before Draco spoke again.

"That was..." He began before trailing off.

"...a plane. A muggle travelling way," Harry said, filling Draco's lack of words.

"Yeah, I know. It's just I've never seen one before. Not so close, I mean."

Harry smirked at the surprise in Draco's voice.

"I suspected it. That's why I took you here. I thought you would have liked it."

"I did," Draco said softly, the back of his head rested against Harry's shoulder.

"But you're sad," Harry stated, a bit worried.

"Am I? I don't know," the blonde said, sighing. "Where is that plane going?" He asked suddenly.

"I can't tell. But you could go everywhere with one of them."