"she's right over there, she told me via telepathy that she's going to use all her might for my family. i didnt think much of it at first, but i think she helped me back here. she told me 'when a kid wishes upon a star, the wish is expected to come true'...pup, i think the cubs have done something to bring me back." alpha said grabbing elas's hands. elas smiled as a tear escaped his eye. akkar smiled to as he looked at the tree. the group made their way back to their stuff after alpha thanked his mother once more.

"do you think you're here for good?" akkar asked.

"i think i am, i feel very much alive...my stomach still hurts from the stab wound" alpha said, making elas stop for a second. alpha looked behind him to see why he stopped.

akkar kept walking home quietly, not noticing his two friends at all.

"puppy...are you ok?" alpha asked as he looked at elas.

"how could you die on me..." he said as he walked a little closer to alpha.

"huh?" alpha asked surprised.

"alpha kelhana how could you leAVE ME WITH TWO CHILDREN?!" elas said as he pushed alpha backwards in his chest.

"i- i didn't- puppy i-" alpha said speechless.

"DONT YOU PUPPY ME ALPHA I HAD TO COMFORT TWO CHILDREN ALL ALONE! I WAS LUCKY AKKAR WAS THERE WITH ME OR ELSE WE WOULD'VE BEEN GONE TOO" elas ranted before he walked past alpha to the way home, leaving alpha alone with many thoughts. he blinked a few times, alpha and elas only rarely argued. did elas really think he wanted to leave them behind? alpha quickly snapped back to reality as he shook his head and ran home.

.

.

dupin gave the sleeping girls a glance before standing up. he dusted himself off before something caught his eye a little further away. dupin, being the curious little boy he is, immediately walked to the moving thing he saw. he walked into the forest before he head someone coming closer. his nerves grew but were stopped as soon as he saw his father running towards him. alpha stopped before falling to his knees and opening his arms, dupin didnt waste any time to run to him and hug him as tight as he could. the two being reunited once again.

"hey buddy, its alright...daddy's here" alpha comforted as he held onto his son.

dupin let go and held onto his hand as alpha stood up.

"lets go home daddy" dupin said as he lead him home. they didn't walk far before they arrived at their house, the girls still sleeping in the grass as it was pretty late. alpha stopped a little further away, pulling dupin next to him with a mischievous smile. then, alpha gave a long loud wolf howl, dupin joined in. their plan seemed to work as lenore and anyk woke up.

"dupin stop howling at this ti-" anyk got cut off as she saw alpha next to dupin.

"DADDY!" lenore yelled as she launched herself at him. during the run there she changed into her wolf side to tackle her father to the ground and lick his face.

"ah- lenore" alpha laughed as he pet her. "ok ok that's quite enough princess" alpha chuckled as lenore changed back into a girl. she held onto alpha as alpha stood back up with his daughter in his arms. he made his way to anyk and stood before her. anyk stared in front of her in shock.

"quite funny, you had the same reaction as akkar" alpha joked as he put lenore back on the ground.

"WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?? YOU'RE DEAD?!" anyk yelled.

"yeahhhh....about that..im back! the kids did something and i was granted my life back. akkar called it a refund on the way here" alpha smiled as he sat down in front of anyk. anyk looked at the kids in shock, knowing they wished for alpha to return. she hugged alpha as soon as she realized it, the cubs hugging them too.

"cubs, have you seen papa around?" alpha asked as he let go.

"papa went inside!" dupin pointed at the house. alpha nodded, at least he got home safe. "let's get you two to bed, give auntie anyk a kiss" alpha said before getting up. and so the cubs did.

"anyk, we will talk tomorrow i promise. i have to make up with elas first" alpha said as he grabbed the hands of his children. anyk nodded, still shocked at alpha being here.

.

.

.

the kids were tucked into bed, even a bedtime story to make it up to them. he made his way to the shared room of him and his husband. he saw that it was locked, meaning elas was in there. he sighed before knocking on the door.

"elas? can you let me in?" he asked gently. "who is it." he heard from behind the door.

he rolled his eyes. "your husband?"

"my husband is dead" elas said behind the door. alpha sighed loudly.

"please let me in" he asked again. it was silent for a few moments before he heard the lock turn, elas opened the door and stared up into his eyes.

"listen, pup, im sorry...i should have never left alone and i missed our family so much. it was never my intention t-" alpha rambled on until he was interrupted by elas's lips on his own. elas held the back of alpha's neck with care, slowly guiding him inside of the room. alpha was quick to lock the door behind them, this was going to be a long night.

.

.

.

the next morning elas came downstairs to get some water for him and his husband. akkar was reading the paper in the kitchen with dupin on his lap.

"morning elas, you're up late...and...why are you limping?" akkar asked, already knowing the answer.

"my legs hurt from the walking yesterday" elas said.

"HAH-" was heard from upstairs, making akkar laugh. elas walked to the doorway

"DOWN BOY" elas yelled at him, clearly embarrassed. he continued filling up two glasses for them while shaking his head. akkar gently smiled.

"im still glad to have him back, even tho i wont get anymore sleep, will i?" akkar teased.

"not a chance uncle akkar" elas smiled as he disappeared upstairs.