eight

// swearing

y/n's pov:

my body started begging me to wake up, well my stomach did. i was hungry. eyes still heavy i spot a clock in the vanity table quite far from me, groaning but i complied. noticing that my leg was in much better condition than before, bruise very prominent in the area. it still hurts a bit but nothing too serious i can't handle, i've been through worse.

taking a moment to balance myself and recollect my thoughts i cautiously walked towards the vanity. the clock that rested neatly in my bandaged palm, it looked like it was quite the age, most likely older than me.

the clock's frame looked like it was made out of wood, small engraved details scattered across the sides and backside of the clock. thick dust covering the entirety of the clock, swiping my fingers over the glass to clear off the dust— fingers coated in the dark gray grainy dirt i rubbed them against eachother feeling so homogeneous to the touch. looking at the semi cleaned clock  it read 11:25am.

as i placed the clock back to its original spot i took observation of the dirtiness of vanity in general. much like the clock the table was looking awful, not structure wise but cleanliness was surely not seen here. glancing upwards i saw a huge curved mirror, not sure how i didn't notice it first thing going here in the vanity.

the mirror was absolutely covered in filth, from the intricate design following the curve of the mirror that i assumed was gold, though it was filthy the color was still very noticeable. i could only see my faint silhouette in the reflection, i gave myself a wave laughing at myself knowing well i look like an idiot right now.

how long has this guest room not been cleaned?

i'm not gonna complain though, i should be thankful. which i am, very. but c'mon they have a whole ass kingdom, surely there has to be at least one or even more maids available to dedust this place, im surprised i haven't sneezed yet.

i sneezed right after.

"i guess i could clean this place, i don't have much to do later anyways."

feeling quite musty i decided to use the comfort room to refresh myself and clean my wounds. realizing the clothes niki gave me wasn't where i left it i tried to look for it. eventually i found it inside the huge closet near the bathroom door— neatly folded, grabbing something i liked that was comfy but appropriate for the freezing temperature and activities here. i took it and went inside the bathroom.

thankfully the bathroom was decent— clean enough for me to use. there were towels already hanged by the wall ready to be used, it smelled pleasant. the interior of it was any average palace bathroom, maybe this was smaller since it was just a guest room. there were the average items/things  you would see in the bathroom; a shower, toilet a sink with a two doored cabinet under it and on top was a marbled design surface with soap, toothpaste, toothbrush-- and the rest of the basic necessities.

i took a glance at myself on the mirror and oh boy,

i look like shit.

tiny scars that looked like paper cuts scattered on my face, along with the slightest amount of dried blood was seen and felt.

i then placed my clean clothes on top of the shiny countertop and walked towards the shower door hooking my towel in the long horizontal handle. stripping my clothes off feeling chills run up through my whole body. i cautiously took off the bandages that were wrapped around me, seeing some wounds already healed, since they were very minor and not a big deal. some weren't fully healed, it would probably sting while taking a bath but it was fine.