Chapter 23

I grunted and slowly opened my eyes. The light coming from nowhere assaulted my eyes, causing me to blink many times.

A beeping sound can be heard, but I don't know where I am. I slowly roam, my still blurry eyes trying to see my surroundings. Soon after, everything became clear. I'm inside a four-cornered white room. There's a table on the other side with flowers and fruit neatly arranged.

I inhale and exhale only to realize that I'm wearing an oxygen mask.

I tried to move my left arm when the door swung open.

I heard a gasp, making me look at the person standing at the door.

"You're awake!"

I wanted to say something, but the oxygen is a hindrance to it.

Abriella is the one standing at the doorway with a teary eye.

"Just wait for me here, okay? I'm going to call your doctor. Sandali lang ako bes."

So that explains why the ambiance and smell were like this. I'm in a freaking hospital.

She left, leaving the door closed. After a minute, it opens again, revealing her and a man wearing a white coat. There's also a nurse behind them.

Lumapit sa akin si Brie at hinawakan ang kamay ko.

Inilawan ng doctor ang mga mata ko at tinanggal ang oxygen ko.

"Hello, my name is Dr.Steve, and I'm the one in charge of you,"- he said, smiling, but my puzzled expression remained.

"Do you remember your name?"

I slowly nodded, and I heard Brie's relief sigh beside me.

"Good, so how are you feeling? Are you feeling okay?"

Again, I nodded in response.

"W-where's Aniela?"-I asked, looking back at Brie. I felt my throat was dry, but I still managed to ask that

She furrowed her eyebrows, and confusion was written on her face.

"Who's that?"- she asked after a while.

"I.. I need water."

Tumalima naman ang nurse dahil mas malapit sya duon sa mesa at inabot sa akin ang isang baso ng tubig.

Inangat ni Brie ang higaan ko para makainom ako ng maayos.

"Aniela is the angel we met in San Martin. I want to see her Brie." -I said after giving back the glass of water to the nurse.

The three of them exchange a confused look.

"What are you talking about, Aria? I don't know who she is." - she said.

Binawi ko ang kamay ko sa kanya.

"You know her! She became your friend too when you took a vacation with me at our ancestral house in San Martin!"- I exclaimed.

Tila nagulat naman sya sa pagsigaw ko. Naiinis ako. Bakit hindi nya kilala si Aniela!

"Yes, I went there with you but.. Seriously, what's gotten into you to say a stranger's name?"

"She's not a stranger! When you left to work  When you left to work abroad, she's the one who stayed with me. She became like a family to me!"

"Miss Saroza, calm down."

"Shut up. Let me out of here! I need to find her! I shouldn't be here!"- I shouted and pulled out the dextrose.

"Miss--"