Chapter 7

When she heard the man's voice, Elulu almost broke free from Gallois's constraint to ask him for help.

Because this man was once Elulu's most trusted subordinate. He was also the only adjudicating Chief Knight that she felt somewhat favourable towards, Arthur Brient.

When she was a baby, Arthur was already the knight commander of the Knights. He was also the only knight commander who was not designated by Elulu, but this did not affect Elulu's trust in him.

He watched her learn to talk and walk, watched her grow up, Arthur's face always had a gentle and hearty smile, like a radiant warm sun, illuminating people's hearts.

At first, Elulu couldn't adapt to the life of another world, always unhappy, not talking or crying, let the pope and the maid who took care of her break the heart, and then Arthur as a knight was always carrying all kinds of Interesting toys or new things make her happy, and tell her the warm fairy tales of various countries with a soft and low voice, so that Aluro slowly accepted the world.

For Elulu, Knight Arthur Brient was a very special existence.

He had heard his voice for a long time now, and Elulu suddenly had the urge to cry into his arms.

After all, she was just a little girl who has yet to have experienced the various things in the world. No matter how strong she was, she wouldn't be able to resist the words of concern from someone she trusted nor a warm and peaceful hug from them.

Just as Elulu wanted to call out to him, she suddenly found that she could not make out a sound at all. In addition, her body could not move at all as if a petrification spell had been casted on her.

At the same time, the strength of the arm holding her tightened. The silver haired knight exudes an icy cold aura of displeasure.

It was only then that Elulu remembered that Gallois hated Arthur very much. As a teenager, Gallois detested Arthur in every way. He would always challenge Arthur every few days. Even if he was injured until he was bloody all over, he would still refuse to admit defeat. This was just the usual sparring training but whenever he was faced with Arthur, he would always put out a desperate fight to the death stance.

Elulu also tried to reason with him several times, but Gallois only stayed silent, not uttering even a single sound.

It wasn't until one time when Elulu had already gotten angry, before she heard the hoarse voice of the teenager.

"Because Your Highness...is always watching him."

"I will become even better than him, so Your Highness, can you please look at me more."

The usually always stubborn obstinate boy revealed such a fragile pleading look. Elulu's heart softened. She secretly made an exception and touched his head.

The teenager was stunned. His beautiful green eyes gleaming brightly as a red flush faintly emerged on his clear white cheeks.

"Just this once," Elulu said in a quiet voice.

"Is this a secret between Your Highness and me?" Gallois's voice was unable to hide his joy.

Elulu couldn't do anything else but nod.

Thinking of the once obedient young man, and then looking at the crooked Gallois now, Elulu couldn't really understand what he had possibly experienced for him to have turned out so abnormally twisted.

"I heard that you found the great prophet of Uma, Cruz, so I came to this remote and barren border town. I'm very curious what kind of prediction you got from him." Arthur's voice was still exactly the same as it was ten years ago; warm, clear, and made one feel at ease.