Chapter 3

When Elulu was still a saintess, she was forbidden to have any intimate contact with the opposite sex, so all the servants who served her were female. In her last life, Elulu had never touched a male outside of the chief knight discharging and replacement ceremony where the new chief of the knights knelt down in front of her to kiss the back of her foot. Even the pope, who had raised her personally, only hugged her when she was still an infant that couldn't walk.

Even the former seven knights had to keep a certain distance from her every time they met, because they had taken an oath in front of the Radiant God's statue. They could not have any blaspheme thoughts towards the saintess. As long as she was still the saintess, they could not touch her.

Coupled with the fact that every knight was all cold and abstinent with a look that seemed like they had no needs, Elulu then thought that this was something normal.

But being held within Gallois's arms currently, his hand was still placed on Elulu's chest that was just developing. Even though his face was expressionless, that scalding body temperature and the aggressively invasive masculine air caused Elulu's withered bashfulness from her last life surge up together along with her anger.

The man's wide and powerful palms firmly caged around her body like an indestructible steel. Elulu was both nervous and seething, but she didn't dare to express that anger. She could only lower her voice and begged, "Lor, lord...you've got the wrong person. Could you please let me go?"

The clear and beautiful eyes under the hood were covered with mist, emanating the pitiful pleading and carefulness within.

The silver haired knight was slightly startled.

There was no possible way for that noble and cold Royal Highness to show such an expression.

He lowered his eyes in disappointment. As soon as his arms loosened, Elulu could hardly wait before she pushed him away, and quickly pulled Nina along as she rushed out of the crowd.

"Sir Knight, these two civilians were really too rude. Do you need me to catch and bring them back?" The main priest of Black Rock City said indignantly.

The silver haired knight watched as the girl's figure disappeared into the crowd, and then turned around indifferently.

"No need. Let them leave."

...

Seeing an acquaintance from her previous life for the first time after her rebirth made it difficult to calm her state of mind.

Her current identity compared to that of the noble chief knight was no different from the sky and the earth. The several knights in her impression were all selfless, strict, and upright. If they saw a girl who had an extremely similar appearance to the preceding saintess, she would immediately be captured and interrogated. Afterall, the saintess was not allowed to have any offspring. If they thought that she was the previous saintess's child, not only would her previous life's reputation be tarnished, she herself would be sent to the gallows and burned alive.

After sending Nina back home, Elulu didn't head straight back home.

Because of this unforeseen event, Elulu did not manage to buy the powder and hair dye she needed for camouflage. She could only step back and use what was used before, choosing to pick the mulberry fruits by the river. Mixing this fruit's juice together with various colored pollen could create a long lasting potion that is harmless to the skin. It was just that the steps to manufacturing it were too cumbersome and it did not smell good. Elulu would only use this kind of thing under unavoidable circumstances.

After spending a few hours, she had only managed to find less than ten mulberry fruits. The delicate and weak Elulu was already exhausted to the point where she was gasping for breath as sweat soaked her back.

She fell and sat down by the river without the slightest care for appearances. Raising her hand to wipe the sweat off her forehead, she found that the hair along her forehead was already wet.

She felt her whole body was sticky and uncomfortable. Taking a look around, she saw that there was no one in the surroundings. This place was also very remote so generally no one would come here. Elulu reassuringly took off her clothes, leaving only a tubetop, and slowly walked into the river.

After walking into the river until her chest was submerged, Elulu stopped. She lowered her head, looked at the gorgeous patterns on her left chest and bit her lower lip in unwillingness and fury.

After her rebirth, this pattern grew on her chest just like an abscess attached to the bone.¹

¹TN: So the original actually had 跗骨之蛆 which means 'a maggot in a tarsal bone'...which doesn't make sense and is actually incorrect. Although this phrase is used often, the correct idiom to be used is actually 附骨之疽 which is basically abscesses or gangrene that's attached to the bone.

The pattern was lifelike, like a flower bud that was about to bloom. It was very beautiful.

But for Elulu, this was a symbol of shame.

Because this was a symbol of slavery in the European continent, and it was even the lowest type of sex slave. Once a woman's body, that possessed this slave mark, was possessed by a man, she would uncontrollably generate a feeling of dependence and subservience to the aggressor. Even if the other party had raped her, she would never come to hate them.

What a disgusting and perverted slave mark.

Elulu absolutely hated the bastard who planted this slave mark on her to no end. When she later entered the Imperial Academy to become a magician, she would definitely split that bastard into eight large pieces.

The more she looked at the slave mark, the more disgusted she felt. Elulu harshly rubbed at it, rubbing until that tender white chest was fully red but there was still no sign of the pattern being rubbed off in the slightest.

She sighed in frustration and quickly finished washing her body. When she turned around and was about to go ashore to get dressed, she suddenly felt a cold gaze fall onto her.

Without hesitating for even a second, Elulu grabbed the clothes on the shore, and swooped underneath the water.

But just a moment later, she was caught and raised from the water by someone.

The other party was much taller than her. Her size didn't even reach the height of the other party's chest. The hard and cold armor against her gave her a shock.

Before she could react, she was grasped by her neck and pressed against the river bank.

"What is your relationship with Her Highness Elu?"

The wet appearance of the silver haired man was very alluring. Droplets of water dripped down continuously from the tips of his hair, from his straight upright nose bridge, and his beautiful thin lips. That pair of deep dark green eyes coldly locked onto her with a murderous and scrutinizing gaze.

Elulu couldn't care about hiding her identity as the fear of death made her subconsciously yell.

"Gallois! Stop!"

After becoming a knight of the temple, their previous identities and names would be replaced by their positions. Only the saintess would know the real name of each knight.

The silver-haired knight froze for a moment and pulled away the girl's hair that was sticking to her face. Looking at that incomparably familiar intricate little face, he murmured foolishly, "Your Highness, is it really you?"

Elulu struggled to escape from underneath him, coughing continuously as she covered her neck that was red from being grasped.

The once loyal subordinate had almost killed her. Elulu's final bit of hesitation disappeared entirely.

This was too frightening!

She must stay far away from the Temple's Knights!

Suddenly, cold fingers stroked across the pattern on Elulu's chest, evoking waves of shudders.

"Your Highness, what is this?"

Elulu instantly fell into what seemed like an icy cavern, her entire body chilled.

Next Chapter Preview:

[Your Highness, have you done it with anyone else before?]