"Chemical bonds include covalent, polar covalent, and ionic bonds. Atoms with relatively similar electromagnetism share electrons between them and are connected by covalent bonds. Atoms with large differences in electromagnetically transfer electrons to form ions"

"Exactly, thank you Jiyu." She said and smiled at the short haired girl that sat at the front and center of the class.

You looked down at your desk and mumbled "Know it all"

"What was that?" You teacher looked at you like she was about to scream

"Nothing, sorry sensei." You said.

Class ended and you started packing up when two hands slammed on your desk, not in an angry way, more enthusiastic.

"Hey!" The person said as you picked up your book off your desk.

"Hi." You responded, not as happy as usual because, of course, the person who was trying to talk to you was Jiyu.

"Are you ok?" She asked as she sat on your desk

"I'm ok thanks, you?" You said remembering that you have to still attempt to be nice to her.

"I'm great but you're clearly not."

"Excuse me?"

"Well you're slacking off in class. You don't do that. I'm not sure if it's because of finals or sum else but you're slacking. You don't answer questions in class anymore and when you're called on you usually aren't paying attention. I'm in the majority of your classes y/n, I noticed the change. I don't really know you and we don't talk but I can tell that something's wrong with you."

"I-"

"But don't worry i'm not here to get all in your business!" SHe said as she stuck up her hand. "I wanna help, at least with the school. After school I could tutor you or just go over what you need help with in class."

"Thanks but if i needed help i would ask a teacher."

"I already told sensei that i would help you and she gave up her classroom for us so.....I don't think you have much of a choice here." She smiled at you, not in a snarky bitch way like you thought but a genuine smile. "I know you don't like me. I'm not stupid so maybe this could be a chance for us to actually become friends?"

"....sure i guess...."

"Amazing! Let's start right now! Go to your locker and get your books! Then come back here a-"

"I can't. I have volleyball."

"I thought you quit?"

"I'm the boys team student coach. I have to be there for all practices."

"Oh." She looked down and got a little sad "Then how about after words?"

"I have to get home...."

"Then before school!"

"We have practice then too."

"Oh.... i don't wanna intrude on your lunch" She looked really down.

"Ah...." You sighed "Maybe I could miss a few here and there....I think the guys would be ok."

"Really?!"

"Yeah, besides it seems like you really wanna help me so, sure. I can go talk to coach Ukai right now."

"Amazing! HAHA!" She jumped up and hugged you while laughing "Great let's go y/n! Am i allowed to call you that?" She asked as the two of you started making your way to the gym.

"Yeah don't worry about it, call me whatever you're comfortable with."

"So would my girlfriend work?" She looked at you and smirked

"What?!" You looked at her.

"I'm joking, I'm joking! Unless....I'm joking!" She laughed.

"Wait are you a lesbain or just joking? Wait, not that's rude, sorry!"

"No No it's chill! I'm Pansexual but I'm not actually interested in you. It was a joke."

"Ok. Good to know" You smiled at her. "Sorry about... assuming and, like, my reaction. It wasn't the best."

"Ah! Don't worry! We live in a world where heteronormativity is a thing, I expected that reaction. It's not new for me."

"Right. If you don't my me asking are you out?"

"Yeah. My folks are both great about it. No one else is really in my life when it comes to family. I've lost friends but we're they really my friends to begin with?"

"No. I guess they weren't." You nodded.

"Exactly." She winked.

You guys continued walking to the gym and talked. You realized how much you actually liked Jiyu. She was really outgoing and funny even though she had an attitude it was fun to talk to her.

'Why was I so judgmental before? I mean she is such a nice person.' Just as you thought that you would be able to get along with her you reached the gym and...

"Who. Is. That."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, chapter 29 up and ready for you guys. So Jiyu is an original character created by yours truly. I hope you grow to love her. Make sure to have a good rest of your day/night or whatever.

- char