Chapter 24

2nd person POV

Oikawa spun the ball in his hand, threw it up and hit it.

'Wait wait wait, that's not- that's a jump float!'

The ball just made it over the net and Daichi dived for it. Kageyama ran after the ball and bumped it to Asahi. He spiked the ball over, and the libero received it. Oikawa set and number 4 spiked hitting it right to Tanaka. He received it but it was just a little too far forward. Number 12 jumped up and spiked it down. Nishinoya dived for it, making the ball shoot right back up into the air. Kageyama ran for it again and he set the ball.

Right. To. Hinata.

He slammed the ball down.

He was blocked and the ball was flying back onto Karsauno's side of the court.

You knew it was gonna happen, you saw it all. You knew exactly where the ball was gonna end up but you said nothing. You stayed silent out of pure shock. You couldn't speak

Then you heard it. The sound of the ball hitting the floor. But not where you wanted. It dropped on your side. Asahi, Nishinoya and Kageyama all lay on the floor as they had attempted to get the ball.

The whistle blew. The scoreboard had changed.

33-31, Aoba Johsai.

Yelling, screaming, cheering and clapping. Sounds of happiness and pure joy. But you couldn't hear any of it.

It was silent.

You just sat there, eyes wide in disbelief.

There wasn't anything even going through your mind at that moment well, actually there was one phrase that kept repeating.

'They lost, it's over and It's your fault'

Over and Over and Over.

"It's time to line up now." Daichi said, walking over to Hinata who was on his hands and knees

"I-I'm sorry...C-a-ptain." He mumbled, out of breath.

"There is nothing to be sorry about." He said as the rest of the team stood up.

They all made their way to the back of the court and lined up. The whistle blew

"Thank you for the game" Both teams said in unison.

You bowed to the coaches of Aoba Johsai with Kiyoko, Coach Ukai and Takeda.

They boys shook hands with the other team.

"Line up," Daichi said.

You walked over and stood beside Kiyoko

"Thank you for coming," Daichi bowed.

"Thank you for coming" The rest of the team mimicked him

"Thank you for coming..." You mumbled.

Everyone started clapping.

"Good job guys!"

"You did your best!"

The two old guys from the store said.

"Lets go." Daichi whispered loud enough for you all to hear, in a defeated, almost angry, tone.

Hinata started to say something but was cut off by the next team entering the gym.

"We should head out, the next team needs the court to warm up, we'll have to find somewhere else to cool down." Ukai told you all "They are going to be going to the quarter final, after they take a little break." He said looking over at Aoba Johsai.