Chapter 22

2nd person POV

"Hey Tadashi!" Nishinoya, Ennoshita, Kinoshita, Narita and Sugawara yelled from the side lines, "Good luck, Whooooooo!"

'Oh that's sweet, encouraging him like that. These guys really are so supportive of each other' You thought to yourself. 'Common Yamaguchi, you got this.'

Yamaguchi was standing bouncing the ball getting ready to serve.

Yamaguchi POV

Ok man don't screw this up, everyone is watching you. Coach Ukai and y/n are trusting you for this-oh no! I lost control of the ball I was bouncing. Get back here! Dumbass. I'm scared but....his is your one shot Tadashi, all you have to do is hit the ball over the net.

I threw the ball up and took three steps forward, let go.

Jump.

Float.

"Ugh" I grunted as I hit the ball. It flew straight forward but..... It hit the net. It dropped straight in between Tsukishima and Asahi. Oh god.....The whistle blew, Aoba Joshia's fans started cheering and the scorekeeper flipped the number for them.

20-17.

Everyone looked at me "I'm-I-I'm sorry..." I said to them all.

"Hey it's alright!"

"Yeah don't sweat it bro!"

"Your good!" They said, trying to reassure me.

But I knew I had screwed up big time. I doubt the coach will ever let me play again. I earned the other team a point and not one for us. I made the point gap bigger when I should have made it smaller. I walked over to the coaches.

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright, there is no need to apologize." Takeda said.

"Yeah, let it go. Move on." Ukai said as Kiyoko and y/n just nodded in response.

"Tadashi! Next time you'll get it" Daichi said to me.

Next time.

"Right!" i said back

2nd person POV

"Wow, their mood just shifted" Takeda said

"That's Daichi for ya, always knowing just what to say." Ukai said, smirking.

"Wow for some reason i don't feel stressed out at all now." Tanaka said, looking a little dumbfounded

"Yeah me neither..." Asahi mumbled scratching his head.

"You actually are a lot like that y/n, you know what to say to bring up the guys spirits." Kiyoko said to you.

"Really? I don't think so. I might be able to spit out some encouraging words but they don't usually have the effect the Daichis have" You said looking down, a little disappointed in yourself.

"Don't worry you will get it soon enough, Daichi wasn't always like this. During his first year he was still the way you are, encouraging words but not always the most effective. He has just had lots of practice, experience and now that he is the captain it's a lot more effective." She said smiling at you.

"True." You looked back up at the game.

Tanaka jumped up and spiked the ball "Boom, get some!"

'They are getting more into it again but the accuracy is dropping with their energy' You thought as you looked at the scoreboard. '22-19, shit. Still haven't closed the gap enough'