Gio's mother and Karma had finally met when she picked him up from the daycare one day and Karma practically threatened that she wouldn't hesitate in calling child protective services if Giovanni showed any signs of trauma again in her care. That same day Karma had asked her if she would like to get coffee. His mother, Gianna, had confided in Karma, almost sobbing while admitting that she knew about what was going on with Joseph and Gio but after the first time it happened, Joseph assured her he'd never do it again. This was a lie, he would always hit Gio in an effort to get Gianna to back down in an argument. He felt that Gianna should kiss the ground he walked on since she had cheated on him and he stayed with her and provided for a child that wasn't his.

After Jesse's arrest, Karma had initially refused to go see him in jail.

All of the things he kept from her didn't even need to be kept secret in her eyes.

She was disappointed in him beyond belief.

She decided that after a month, she would go visit him but only because she was tired of Ryan complaining about how Jesse was going to kill him since she hadn't come with Ryan or Cyrus to see him once.

With it being winter now, She was irritated that she had to come here in the cold.

He couldn't have gotten arrested in the summer? she thought

She wore a black puffy winter coat, with matching black sweatpants and black uggs. She was in a very irritated mood and she wanted her fashion choices to show that.

Ryan had come with her for moral support but he told her that she can go inside by herself while he waits in the car.

When she walked inside the facility, she provided her ID and the name of the prisoner she was going to meet. The fact that she truly had to identify her boyfriend as a prisoner had her choking back a sob that she wanted to release, Her emotions hitting her all once as she's surrounded by grey walls and sad facial expressions worn by some visitors and even other prisoners.

When she gets to the room, she sits down at the small desk. A bulletproof glass wall acting as a barrier between her and the man she hadn't seen in a few weeks.

She was absolutely stunned when a few minutes later, Jesse had been escorted inside by a guard as he wore an orange jumpsuit. His hair had grown within the past month, his hair always grew pretty fast which is why he'd get hair cuts very often but he stopped cutting his hair to the point that he could tie it into a small bun at the back of his head.

A light mustache could be seen and a scowl graced his lips as he kept his head down. He looked back up, his eyes widening when he sees Karma sitting on the other side of the glass, his lips parting in shock as the officer relieved him of his handcuffs.

He strolled over to his seat on the other side, sitting in it eagerly. He couldn't believe she was here. He thought it was another visit from Ryan. He grabs the phone hanging on the wall and puts it to his ear, waving at her slowly through the glass.

Karma stares at him solemnly, sniffling due to the cold weather and the tears she was fighting to keep at bay. Her own phone hanging on the wall as she continues to take him in.

'Pick up the phone, baby' She sees him mouth at her through the glass and she sighs before opening her purse to grab disinfectant wipes, something she always carried during the winter because of how easily she would get sick.

She takes a wipe and grabs the phone with it, grabbing another one to wipe the speaker part of the phone.

Jesse watches her do this in amusement, a light smile on his lips not at all surprised about her germaphobic behavior.