fifty-nine

[Recap: Jesse spoke to his Godfather, Joseph on the phone and had threatened him to stay away from his friends but most importantly, Karma

[Recap: Jesse spoke to his Godfather, Joseph on the phone and had threatened him to stay away from his friends but most importantly, Karma.]

"I still can't believe he let us out of class," Paola says to me as we're stood in the middle of the hallway

The math department at school has an event coming up in a few weeks where called the 'Math Tutoring Fair' The math teachers typically use this as a time to invite other students to come out and get homework help for one night only along with a 'speed dating' activity that pairs the students that need help with students that are qualified to tutor.

You meet up with a specific student for about 10 rounds and see if you like each other and the student can submit a request to whatever math teacher they have if they'd like for you to be their tutor.

Mr.Maddow, being the youngest and the most inexperienced in hosting a math fair, the rest of the math department put everything on him to set up which includes getting the word out about the event.

So that leads us to right now, where he handpicked Paola and I to go and put up posters around the school's building to advertise the event. Well actually he picked me, Paola just begged him to let her leave class and she had said 'please' enough times that he got tired of her asking and just told her to go.

Justine tagged along as well because she's still in her wheelchair and she had complained about having back pain even though that was total BS.

She hasn't felt back pain in a while, in fact, she barely even needs a wheelchair anymore. She is using this as a way to not have to take the stairs anymore to all of her classes and she is now purposely late to class for at least a good 10 minutes and her excuse is always how there is traffic in the hallways and nobody cares when they see a disabled person trying to get around in this school.

If there's one thing Justine knows how to do, it's to overexaggerate.

The other reason why she's doing this because Cyrus still feels very guilty about that happening to her and for lying to her about his job. So he's been the one that takes her to class sometimes. He offered of course.

While putting up posters, we had walked around the entire second floor where Mr. Maddow's class was and put the posters on places where we thought people would see it even though there are most likely to walk past it, but they would see it regardless.

"Yeah, I can't believe he's giving us credit for the whole class even though we get to spend the entire class doing absolutely nothing and just walking around the hallways." I say with a pause," Well some of us are walking while others are pathological liars and are rolling in their little wheelchairs." I finish causing Justine to roll her eyes.

"I might be a pathological liar, but you can't call me dumb." she sticks her hand in a bag of hot Cheetos and sucks the dust off her fingers before taking one out and of her mouth and saying, "I might never have to take the stairs ever again in this crusty school. I never have to touch the nasty hand railings, I don't have to wait for couples to stop exchanging saliva before I can walk my way around them to class." she nods her head as she speaks, seeming excited as she talks.