Chapter Eleven

I think you guys know the drill by now; I don't own Harry Potter. If I did, Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, and Fred would have lived as they deserved.

~Written by LaGranPepita

===

Rhea screwed up.

She should have checked the area thoroughly instead of just glancing briefly around. Now, she's been discovered, looking very suspicious might she add as she had her wand trained on two random people. Well, two random people who were in front of her were somehow now right behind her.

Karma is the worst.

Did she like, piss off some god in a different time? Because, honestly, that is sounding incredibly probable now, and Rhea's ninety percent sure that whatever god or divine deity was laughing at her pain right now.

Welp, Rhea thinks, time to lie.

Rhea forces herself to stand up, unflinching even in the face of all her goddamn problems. She turns towards Lily Evans and James Potter, intending to go on a professional rant telling them why she was there (all lies, of course).

Apparently, since everything else in her life is messed up, fate decides to be merciful to her and give her a break.

"This isn't what it looks like." The words are out of Rhea's mouth before she even has a chance to think about it.

Ha. Merciful, never heard of that.

Screw this.

===

"This isn't what it looks like."

Lily narrows her eyes at the woman, recognizing her as Rhea Esmeray, the Ravenclaw girl. Esmeray cringes back at Lily's piercing gaze, opening her mouth to speak again.

"I didn't mean to say that." Esmeray looks like she wants to crawl into a hole and die right at that moment. "Or that." Lily guesses that Esmeray did not want to say those things, not just from what she literally just said but from the look on her face.

Esmeray sighs, long and drawn out. "This conversation is not how I planned it going."

"Planned it going?" Lily repeats, confusion lacing her words. Esmeray doesn't respond, instead, she takes to saying words that should not be coming out of a teenager's mouth. Somehow, her voice sounds very familiar when she's cursing out literally everything that exists and has ever existed. Lily could have sworn that she had heard her Esmeray's voice before...

Oh.

Oh.

Lily stared at Esmeray, calculating. She had the same cloak that James' mysterious savior wore that both James and Lily had gotten a glimpse of. Of course, many people have the same cloaks, so it's illogical to base Lily's theory fully on that.

Lily had heard Remus Lupin, James' friend, mumble something about a Hufflepuff girl named 'Maia' or something after the whole capture the banner affair. He seemed a little annoyed, but Lily had just brushed it off as an incompetent student in one of his classes, as he likes to complain about occasionally. Honestly, how would be the connection between the girl in front of her and the so-called 'Maia'? Apparently, there is, or might since Lily could be wrong (though she normally isn't).

Even when Esmeray came to Hogwarts was suspicious; it was literally in the middle of the school year. Who transfers to a new school in the middle of the year?

And, probably the most ground-breaking evidence for Lily's theory, she curses a lot more than any normal teenager should. She also sounds suspiciously like the person in the Whomping Willow when cursing.