Chapter Two

Written by BookwormCM18. I don't own Harry Potter either.

Waiting.

Three days ago, Rhea's greatest fear would have been the Dark Lord, as was expected of all those under his rule. Now, it is waiting.

Patience had never been her strong suit, but she had never experienced the true agony of just sitting there; it was unexplainable. Growing up in a pureblood family, Rhea had never truly been given a choice; coming here was her first.

Dumbledore had agreed to her demands, but she should have expected what would be next. With nothing but tales to hear about the pathetic man who thought he was the greatest wizard, all Rhea knew was that he had fallen because "His stupid 'Boy Who Lived' was never allowed to fight". She had never known that he was, indeed, overprotective. Of everyone.

So she can't join Hogwarts until the following "precautions" were taken.

Endure the pain of a backward age potion (which takes precisely two months to make).

Actually study for school.

Get "situated" in a home.

Rhea felt that the last one wasn't necessary; she was an adult. Technically. But Dumbledore insisted, and she couldn't say no.

This time had been useful for some pondering. Rhea had been preparing for weeks for this trip, yet she felt so cold and timid whenever she thought about the fact that she had actually done it.

You see, thinking and preparing about doing something that defies everything you've been taught is tremendously different from actually accomplishing it.

Perhaps that is why she is sitting in a purple mini-couch in Dumbledore's office with a book lying loosely in her hands. She wasn't reading it and didn't even know the title of the book. Is that what she was reduced to? Not even paying attention to what she is doing?

Rhea groans once more and wishes this would be over soon.

===

James hates Severus Snape.

The nasal git thinks he deserves someone like Lily Evans. Truth be told, no one deserves the demon. But he has to admit, Evans has her looks.

However, Snivellous took it to a whole other level with the gift he got her. A book? Was he out of his mind?

Creeeeeeeeaaaak! Creeeeeeeeaaaak!

"Will you stop that, Wormtail?"

The so-called Wormtail is crouched with his knees up to his chest, rocking back and forth on the wooden floorboards, which lifted up ever so slightly when the pudgy boy tilted.

He is definitely afraid, scarred with their last prank; something to do with muggle roller skates and a lot of soap.

It's complicated.

"James, leave him." The familiar voice of Remus Lupin said.

Remus never addressed the first boy by name, for they had made a pact to only use their nicknames. Unless, of course, Moony was reprimanding one of the boys. Which happened at least thrice a day.

James rolls his eyes at Moony's nagging, in a teasing way. He knew how frightening the "Soap Incident", as they called it, was for Peter. There were a lot of risks taken.

It's still complicated.

James returns to his musing. He is creating a diabolical plan to get back at Snape. For what, he isn't sure. But he must've done something evil in the past few days. That, he is sure of. The greasy little git is always up to something.