Chapter Nine

I don't own HP, that right goes to the talented J.K. Rowling. If I did own it, Umbridge would have been brutally murdered and Luna would get the recognition she deserves.

~Written by LaGranPepita

===

Rhea is confident that fate is out to get her.

Why? Well, the answer to that question is quite simple, really: the cruel, arbitrary fate decides that she shouldn't be meddling in the lives of the past, and fate sends her plans to hell and back, and then back to hell to rot for all eternity.

Exhibit A: Rhea's first plan was to handcuff Lily and James to get them together by seeing how great each other. That didn't work because, instead of them falling head over heels for each other, they hated each other even more. Rhea didn't think that was possible, really.

Exhibit B: Detention with Binns, which didn't go too well. It was definitely an improvement from the last try but it wasn't the best. They got over their hate for each other to finish a task but left immediately to go their separate ways after walking out the hallway, which made Rhea's smirk drop. Rhea was a bit in awe, actually, at their ability to completely and utterly ignore each other.

Exhibit C: Capture the Banner. That just flaked away only a bit of their hatred for the other, but not even close to what Rhea wanted to do. She does not need them to hate each other, because then they wouldn't want to get together. Rhea is great with dating things, but she is rather certain that hating each other is not ideal in a relationship. She thinks.

Clearly, her plans are not working as she intended them to. Which means she needs to change them. And she thinks she knows how.

All she has to do is nothing.

But doing nothing did not go as planned.

===

Severus Snape hated James, that much was obvious to everyone, especially to Lily Evans. Lily always had a soft spot for Snape; he's sweet, kind, and intelligent. But, most of the Gryffindors disagree with her, especially her definitely-not-sort-of-friend James Potter.

After the stunt James pulled yesterday, Lily isn't sure they are friends anymore. She just needs to clear her head, and what better way to do that than to go to Hogsmeade?

Since it's the Hogsmeade visit weekend, she can spend her whole day in the shops, relaxing and not paying any attention to the pointed looks James and his friends are giving her when they think she can't see them.

Keyword being think; she's not an idiot.

Lily looks up into the cloudy sky, scarf wrapped snugly around her neck. She shivers as the cold bites into her skin, embracing her cloak as she relaxes underneath it. She started forward, determined to spend the most of this chilly, winter day before it starts to rain. She has a list of items she wants to buy and her grandparents were kind enough to lend her some Galleons, Sickles, and Knutz since her parents didn't have any wizard money.

She needs candy from Honeydukes to give to Marlene since she couldn't come to Hogsmeade since she's sick which she can easily get from Honeydukes. Alice stayed behind to help Marlene and she asked for extra quills, fairly easy to get if she heads to Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop. She also wanted to get McGonagall some tea as a thank-you gift for giving her some help with a tough essay. She wants to give her family some gifts, Petunia's birthday is coming up soon, and even some pleasantries for herself. Lily hums at that thought, deciding to indulge herself.

Lily steals herself, knowing she has a long day of shopping ahead of her, and heads to Honeydukes. She opens the door, smiling at the little kids running around as they passed her before taking a few Sugar Quills, Chocolate Frogs, and Lemon Drops from the shelves, knowing they're Marlene's favorite candy.